Author Topic: How handy  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
How handy
« on: May 16, 2003, 02:22:03 PM »
I did a double-take watching the scene in which Sabrina was at the Jennings cottage, imploring him to open the string-tied box containing the "magic" flower.  How handy for Chris to be standing -- at that very moment -- beside a pair of scissors ... conveniently laying on the mantel!

Isn't that where we all keep a pair of scissors ... just in case?

I began wondering how the scene might have gone, had Chris been unable to locate a scissors.  An hour would have gone by, and a agonized Sabrina would have been asking, "Don't you know where your scissors are?", while Chris, frustrated, would have kept shouting, "I don't know!  I don't know!"

And that flower -- even the way it opened at the end of the ep -- reminded me of its cousin on "Little Shop of Horrors."

What other show contains so many charming moments like these?

Ben

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:How handy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 05:03:51 PM »
Ben!!!!!  It's great to see you!

I have a daughter that's Amy's age and you're right-- if she'd been anywhere near that cottage recently you can bet the scissors would be impossible to find.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 11:32:52 PM »
a pair of scissors ... conveniently laying on the mantel!

Isn't that where we all keep a pair of scissors ... just in case?

I do. I mean, where should they be kept - in a drawer? How inconvenient would THAT be?!! [wink2]

And I certainly join Midnite in saying how great it is to see you, Ben! We've seen far too little of you lately. Please, at least try a little more often to take a break from that busy life of lawyering and piano playing to stop and smell the moon poppies with us. [lghy]

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 09:52:05 AM »
I did a double-take watching the scene in which Sabrina was at the Jennings cottage, imploring him to open the string-tied box containing the "magic" flower.  How handy for Chris to be standing -- at that very moment -- beside a pair of scissors ... conveniently laying on the mantel.

And how about how there are always two cocktail glasses and a Sherry waiting conveintly nearby on a table when someone suddenly has the urge to poison someone! ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 02:56:51 PM »
Oh, around Collinwood the list of handy conveniences is virtually endless:

The shovels are always available when they have to bury (or UNbury) some poor soul....

The Good Doctor never runs out of sedatives.....

And my personal favorite: there are always candles in passages where no one has set foot for a century...and they're always LIT!  [hdscrt] 
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 03:28:03 PM »
All I know is I never can find a pair os sizzors when I want them.  Not to mention about a hundred other things.  Oh, the joys of having children.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 06:30:55 AM »
And how about how there are always two cocktail glasses and a Sherry waiting conveintly nearby on a table when someone suddenly has the urge to poison someone! ;)
Cassandra

Except of course for that one time when they just happen to have three glasses available when Naomi Collins came to visit Barnabas and Angelique right at the same moment when he was planning on poisening his new wife!    ;)

Deb