Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0099  (Read 1606 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0099
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0099
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »
I'll probably have a gap where I'm not commenting for awhile--  presently my ep's stop at #115.  Soon I hope.   Burke must have loved making rthat call to ask Carolyn out.   He loves knowing where the buttons are and pressing them.   Roger had the Pen, Vicki learns.  Oops.   

I remember my older sister saying that she'd seen early DS (this was a year or two later), and that the scariest thing that would ever happen was that someone would put a pen down on a table, and then it would be gone.    That's what 1966 was until I saw it this year...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:38:55 AM »
I'll probably have a gap where I'm not commenting for awhile--  presently my ep's stop at #115. 

Stay with us. I don't have all the episodes either. I don't have DVD set 2, so I read the Robservations. They are extremely detailed with pert near all the dialogue.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 01:19:52 AM »
I don’t know. Somehow Vicki and Carolyn’s conversation in front of Mrs. Johnson seems rude to me. It was definitely a stupid thing to do.

When Burke tells Ezra that he’ll get other men to run his plant, Ezra replies: "Fishermen, maybe, but not men who can run a cannery--they don't exist in these parts."
I don’t get this. There must have been a number of canneries up and down the coast of Maine back then. To say that nobody exists in the area that would be qualified, I think is a bit of a stretch. Burke should have called the Gorton Fish Company in Gloucester maybe.

Vicki finds out that it was Roger who lost The Pen.

I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 01:38:37 AM »
Stay with us. I don't have all the episodes either. I don't have DVD set 2, so I read the Robservations. They are extremely detailed with pert near all the dialogue.

Thanks, but this will be the last chance of my life to see DS episodes I've never seen before, and I want my first experience of them to be on TV.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 01:53:56 AM »
Well, I will miss your comments. Will you still be doing the complete the phrase game?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »
I could see Vickie and Carolyn talking candidly if Mrs Johnson had been around for a long time, but she just started and it's not like they are used to having servants in the house.  Carolyn is once again mad a Vickie.
When Mrs J reports to Burke she tells him the house is haunted.  He blames it on the heating pipes.
The men refuse Burke's offer of work and he is flabbergasted that money can't buy everything.
Burke asks Carolyn on a date and all is well with Vickie.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 01:25:30 AM »
Will you still be doing the complete the phrase game?

I guess.   It's not like I do much else in life.   I just hope there aren't spoilers.   I really hope new DVDs come soon, so the gap isn't long.   I have to get out to a "safe" mailbox, to mail my paltry funds to a very kind and helpful individual, to make that happen...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »
Vicky keeps saying she couldn't refuse when Burke offered her a ride to Bangor.  Why not?

I don’t know. Somehow Vicki and Carolyn’s conversation in front of Mrs. Johnson seems rude to me. It was definitely a stupid thing to do.
Yes, rude and stupid.  And after all Carolyn's efforts to get Mrs. Johnson hired, Carolyn could have expressed gratitude when Mrs. Johnson made morning coffee.

Finally we're getting somewhere with the Pen saga.  I keep thinking we're coming soon to[spoiler]Matthew going off the rails[/spoiler]and I keep having to remind myself that we have to finish up with The Pen first.