Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0094  (Read 1069 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0094
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0094
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:12:31 AM »
When Carolyn and Joe were talking at the Blue Whale towards the beginning, I wondered if they were feeling a draft from the door, which wasn't quite shut.  And then Sam and Maggie came in, and Sam commented on what a cold, blowy night it was, and I wondered why the door hadn't blown all the way open.

I was surprised that Carolyn said the reason she was nervous was that Vicky saw Bill Malloy's ghost.  If I were she, I'd be far more nervous about how David locked Vicky up.  And then Carolyn told Sam and Maggie about the ghost, and I understand that the writers had to find some way for Sam to learn about it (because it won't be any fun if Sam doesn't learn about it), but I'm surprised Carolyn wanted the whole town to hear about it - as the whole town surely will, once Maggie opens up the coffeeshop in the morning.

I know Joe has every right to be angry with Carolyn for calling him up only because Burke was not available, but for heaven's sake, he should know be now that being stern and moralistic with her just doesn't work.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:41:51 PM »
Carolyn's ensemble is so 1966: a (very nice) upswept hairdo, industrial-strength black false eyelashes, and WHITE lipstick!!! (Yes, I wore it too.)

Now that she has a new audience in Frank, Vicki tells yet another foundling-home story. I keep hoping each new one will be the last, but noooooo. But then Richard Garner takes Frank aside and warns him that Elizabeth Stoddard is their client--buzzkill.

Despite her mod getup, Carolyn storms out of the Blue Whale. Maggie smiles a faint and not unhopeful smile. When Joe comes back from taking Carolyn home from their (at last!) final date, he asks Maggie name the sails on a full-rigged ship. There are a lot more than on a schooner, and Maggie rattles them off perfectly. (According to my old notes, this was Ron Sproat's first script, and he evidently did his homework.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »
I assumed we were hearing the same boat data from Maggie.  I didn't give them enough credit, I guess.  Is this the first appearance of a third writer on DS then?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
Didn’t you just love how Vicki and Frank’s half-eaten cheese sandwich plates remained on the table throughout the entire episode and were still there during the closing credits?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
Didn’t you just love how Vicki and Frank’s half-eaten cheese sandwich plates remained on the table throughout the entire episode and were still there during the closing credits?

After everyone had gone home?  I do now!   Good eagle-eye, Janet...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »
Well, now here’s the thing. Vicki and Frank have been sitting at the table for quite a while. It’s obvious they finished their glorious grilled cheese sandwiches some time ago. The waiter comes by and they order coffee and brandy. The waiter should have removed their plates at that point, if not sooner. I can’t stand conversing over a dirty plate. Move the dishes and make way for dessert and coffee, if you please.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:31 AM »
Frank takes Vickie on a date at nice Bangor resturant and she orders a grilled cheese.  I'm not even sure Maggie serves that. I can see the chef peering out the the kitchen door and the wait staff whispering about the girl who ordered a grilled cheese. I suppose food in the foundling home was all institutional fare and we hear another excruciatingly long story of her unhappiness there and yet she stayed on affter she could have left.  Perhaps this explains why she continues to stay on with the Collinses despite all the difficulties.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
i love the pleasant, "peyton=place-y" feel of the bangor pine episodes...

they employ a different set of musical cues than the gothic dirge up at collinwood which lends the sequence a different vibe than the rest of the series.

and alexandra is just so dreamy here with that updo. very much the proper soap heroine. [hall2_kiss]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.