Author Topic: Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins 'Sin City 2,' not 'Guardians of the Galaxy'  (Read 479 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins 'Sin City 2,' not 'Guardians of the Galaxy'

He's taking a part that was originally offered to Johnny Depp? Whoa!  [snow_cool]

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins 'Sin City 2,' not 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
Thanks for that news, MB; I saw a similar article from a different source today.  For what it's worth (and I've been following somewhat closely), I had never heard before that Johnny Depp was offered a part called "Johnny" in any of the Sin City movies, and am not sure I believe it.  According to Robert Rodriguez, he wanted Johnny to play the role of Jackie Boy in the first Sin City; this was back in 2004.  But Johnny ended up not having enough time in between filming The Libertine and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that year, so the role went to Benicio del Toro (who was great!).  In addition, ever since the first Sin City, but mostly for the upcoming Sin City 3 (if it ever happens!  They'd better go ahead and do 2 first!) Johnny has also been heavily rumored to play a character called Wallace.  But so much time has passed by now (geez, nearly a decade!) that I have no idea if Johnny is still interested at this point.  But I've never heard any rumors for him to play another character in Sin City 2.

Anyhow, this is great news for JGL.  I loved the first Sin City and think that he'd be a really great match for it.  Rodriguez's more recent projects (Spy Kids, Grindhouse, Shark Boy and Lava Girl) haven't always been that great, but at least he's someone who thinks outside the box!

(Incidentally, though sorry to get off topic for a sec- regarding the role that Johnny played in Rodriguez's Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Agent Sands, that part was originally offered to George Clooney!)