Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1046  (Read 573 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1046
« on: February 25, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »
Robservations #1046

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1046

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:02:33 AM »
The table in the foyer is way forward today, I guess, so that A has a more dramatic forward crawl towards the phone. I keep thinking that Barnabas should get Julia to check on Roxanne's welfare befor dragging her around. So if Roxanne speaks A will die. How did this conclusion come about?  Good way to keep payment down. No the gurney from the basement is in the secret room behind the bookcase. Looks very uncomfortable for a lie down. This Claude North is not an ordinary man!
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:49:29 AM »
The table in the foyer is way forward today, I guess, so that A has a more dramatic forward crawl towards the phone.

I didn't notice or think of that... I half-expected the phone to fly off the table into her hand, or at least that's what it appeared she was trying for.  Who reaches a pleading hand across a room at a telephone?

N Barrett VO.  In my Claude North drinking game, I'd be snockered by now.  I don't think he ends up having any major significance. 

Poor Carolyn.  Nancy B is very good.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:19:23 AM »
Stokes tells Angelique that she would be better off not knowing Claude North. Truer words were never spoken.

If Maggie had come down the stairs five minutes later, would Angelique have bought the farm?

Nothing like a trip to the mausoleum and a ceremonial dagger to jog a girl's memory.

Nancy Barrett does some of her best work in these episodes. Carolyn and Will seemed to have a marriage right out of War of the Roses but apparently there was genuine love there. Carolyn's anger is more than justified and she speaks some harsh truths here. This is one of the few times that anyone really calls out Barnabas for his actions. She is completely right. Barnabas is as much to blame for what happened to Will as Angelique is. That really doesn't register with Barnabas.
Fade Away and Radiate