Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1209  (Read 784 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1209
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:01:20 AM »
Robservations #1209

FAREWELL, JAMES STORM!

James Storm makes his final appearance on DS in this ep...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1209
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
Golly, they sure put Nancy Barrett through the wringer today!

I think today's séance may be the only one I've seen on Dark Shadows where somebody didn't instruct everybody else that their fingers must remain touching.  After nearly five years, it's about time!

I'm sorry to see the last of James Storm.  He could certainly have added to the fun at Collinwood.  Every problem at Collinwood turns out to be related to the Room (except for the relationship between Bramwell and Catherine, and who knows what truths might have been unearthed about that if the series hadn't been canceled?), so I'm thinking that Gerard's supernatural abilities in close proximity to the Room would not have made for a healthy situation when Gerard was a servant at Collinwood, and the unhealthy situation could have caused his apparent dislike of the Collinses.

Quentin is behaving in an admirably logical fashion.  Somewhere along the line he's going to come a cropper and start behaving in a lamentably illogical fashion.  That's just how these things work.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
Yes, it's too bad James Storm left the show just when his role was starting to get interesting. He was smiling such an evil smile too! The writers might have ended up making him Brutus's agent, and wow, think of the complicatons that would have caused!

Quentin may be behaving sensibly for the moment, but he shows he's a true Collins when he's talking with Flora about Melanie and the police. He tells his mother, We will have to tell the truth--as long as we can do it without anyone knowing what really happened.

And of course, kudos to NB!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »
We will have to tell the truth--as long as we can do it without anyone knowing what really happened.

Don't you love it?! The true Collins way.  [ghost_cheesy]  And regardless of the time band, I suspect it goes back much further in the family's history than when RTJoshua decided to come up with a complete fabrication to cover Barnabas' death. I'd even go so far as to say that never telling what really happened is ingrained in their genes.  [ghost_wink]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
Yes, MB! I'm sure it's true of the Collinses in all time bands!  [ghost_grin]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 04:36:02 AM »
Kendrick is superhumanly calm, and collected as well, when coming to call on the Collinses, after having found Stella.   Desmond wouldn't have contained himself like this.   ***   What's Josette's clock doing at Collinwood?

I also took note of "Now if we could only find a way to tell the truth without anyone really knowing what happened."   Good luck with that!   ***  Melanie strangled Stella... then untied her and put her on the floor?

PLAGUE!!!   DIE!!!   
PLAGUE!!!   DIE!!!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor