Author Topic: Which Witch sWitch Week  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Which Witch sWitch Week
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2003, 07:53:14 PM »
If I'm not crazy and I'm not saying I'm not, I think if we like the post we are supposed to curse it.

You've got it right. :) If something/someone appeals to you, reward it/him/her with a curse. However, if you don't like Karma and would like to see it gone, then you might want to do the opposite. ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2003, 08:10:49 PM »
Speed is back to normal today

I just checked our host's support furum (which also uses YaBB SE, BTW ;)) and as I suspected they have been working on their servers. Frankly, I don't understand how/why that would only seem to affect opening posts. But then, I don't know how they have their servers configured. However, if the problem turns into something that happens repeatedly, I'll certianly try to find out...

Nancy

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2003, 09:20:20 PM »
I love it.  How hilarious this karma feature turned out to be.

Nancy

If I'm not crazy and I'm not saying I'm not, I think if we like the post we are supposed to curse it.

You've got it right. :) If something/someone appeals to you, reward it/him/her with a curse. However, if you don't like Karma and would like to see it gone, then you might want to do the opposite. ;)

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2003, 01:11:56 AM »

I was about to switch my campaigning from begging curses to ... cures.   ???  It's not quite the opposite though, or is it?  If we get too many cures what happens to karma?   >:D  MB, it sort of looks like karma goes away if there are too many cures?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 03:24:21 AM »
Speed is back to normal today

I just checked our host's support furum (which also uses YaBB SE, BTW ;)) and as I suspected they have been working on their servers. Frankly, I don't understand how/why that would only seem to affect opening posts. But then, I don't know how they have their servers configured. However, if the problem turns into something that happens repeatedly, I'll certianly try to find out...

I had quite a slow down yesterday and the night before.  Today, it took quite a while to get to the main forum page, but once here, everything seems to be going along fine.

By the way, I've been able to bypass that Introductory page!!  For a lot of things that I do regularly, instead of using a bookmark, I click the little drop down box where the URL appears.  Recent items are there.  In IE, this is one of the few things I do, so that seems to be the easiest.  Well, it lists www.dsboards.com/indexse.html and that takes me straight to the main page instead of the introduction!!
Josette

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2003, 11:06:14 AM »
Colors ... karma ... new posts ...

My brain is sizzling!  ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2003, 01:17:57 PM »

Memo to self.....do not log on here in the morning before your first hit of caffeine.

The switching of the posting order threw me for an instant here.  Thought I was losing it!  Whew!  Wonder what other onry hijinx are in store for me on da board this morning!

Always, Minja [sleep]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2003, 07:56:14 AM »
The graphic was completely separate from the forum colors and was outlined in red, white, and blue.  What didn't you like about it?

I may have missed the graphic MB or it didn't strike me as being harsh.  It was mostly the Red mixed with the purple or general purple look to the board.  It's not really a strict blue blue.  Mostly, I realize for it too look really hot and pretty would have necessitated a change in the board code which I knew you didn't want to do and neither would I.  And thus, with my little adventure hope that my point is demonstrated.

This is much better and soooo easy on the old tired bookkeeper eyes.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2003, 04:41:19 AM »
Gee.....we're only 20 minutes away from the end of Which Witch sWitch Week.......aren't we?

Will we all turn into pumpkins if we're on the forum when the clock strikes midnight?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2003, 05:35:48 AM »
Will we all turn into pumpkins if we're on the forum when the clock strikes midnight?

I guess not - we all seem to be here as our "normal" selves. ;)