Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0403  (Read 596 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0403
« on: March 01, 2013, 04:18:53 AM »
Robservations #403

(Be forewarned that if you peek ahead at the captures for Ep #404, you might be horrified by who you discover making his first appearance.  [snow_shocked]  You might want to give yourself at least one more day before you have to deal with it.  [snow_cheesy])

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0403

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:56:15 AM »
I wasn't expecting a Nancy B VO for some reason.  Maybe she doesn't do many?   ***   After a bad stabbing, Mr. Frid does a good being-supernaturally-disarmed.

BAT!

Millicent starts having something to do with things.   She actually says something intelligent, about one needing to understand new matters by going by ones own experience, something vaguely like that, but later collapses into a tiny comical heap of silly frettings over slight improprieties.   "Oh I am ruined!!!!" she screams in horror..... and then Barnabas just goes on talking calmly about his own business as if her "crisis" wasn't going on, which it wasn't really........   And to think this shrill little puffball of a person actually became the grand dame of the Collins family at some point..........?

[spoiler]Nathan still seems like a good guy underneath, offering himself as sounding-board to Barnabas.  Maybe he thinks any information he gets from anyone's confidences might be useful to him later.  Or he just does have a good side.[/spoiler]   Nathan (indirectly) calls Angelique a 'ho', and he oughta know!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 10:44:57 PM »
OMGoodness. I don't even know how to react to this episode. Hating Ange right now, big time, and tempted to FF through her scenes. Nathan & Millicent, boring & slightly irritating. And IMO, Crother's is still not pulling off his new character. Natulia & Barn, boring (and her outfit is outright ugly), and Grayson too is still not pulling off her character (again, IMO). Barn's predicament is manifesting itself interestingly in his actions. A different Barnabas, if you will.

Love the new camera. Everything looks really good thru it's lense - except the bat.

Spell check isn't accepting 'lense' as a word - stipid spoolchock!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 05:49:14 AM »
The plot rehashing begins. Apparently the years in the coffin made Barnabas forget he had already stabbed an empty bed in the past. Then she repels the knife and reveals she always hated Josette. Were there not other people she could have worked for that she liked?  Millicent suddenly appears again and is excruciatingly awful and pointless. Nathans character is all over the place. It seems he changes to fit whatever plot point is needed at the time. They have been apparently seeing each other secretly off screen. Bat by Bill Baird.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »
I love the first scene. Barn and Angelique lay all their cards on the table. Angelique forces Barnabas to stay with her--for Josette's life. A bitter triumph indeed.

Millicent may be a few bricks shy of a load, but she does have moments of insight. She knows very well that Nathan doesn't love her.

WELCOME, BAT!