Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0648  (Read 567 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0648
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:54:13 PM »
Robservations #648

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0648

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:56:29 PM »
Amy says that Quentin won't be pleased that Madame Findley is looking for him. Finally Quentin's Theme starts up. The kids listen, mesmerized, as he gives them inaudible instructions.

Madame Findley tells Elizabeth that she feels "astral disturbances" upstairs, but she is fixated on the drawing room, where she feels "M"'s presence strongly. She suddenly exclaims, There is a curse on this house! Elizabeth is shocked and horrified, but Madame Findley is sure she is right.

Madame Findley finally reaches "M" and establishes a series of rapping signals for Yes and No. M tells her that the spirits causing the disturbances are confined not just to the house but to a single room. She wants to explore the East Wing.

Joe comes to see Amy--they're cousins, after all. Despite being in Quentin's thrall, she still wants to live with Chris but is happy to be at Collinwood, where he can visit whenever he wants. Welcome, pentagram! Amy and Madame Findley see one on Joe's forehead. After he leaves, Madame Findley questions Amy about whether she's seen or heard anything strange. Amy plays innocent. Suddenly, David emerges from the secret panel, setting Quentin's plan in motion. They pretend to try to talk Madame Findley about exploring the passage, which of course has just the opposite effect.

Madame Findley enters the passage, tarot card in hand. Despite David's warning, she starts to go up to the West Wing. Yes! she exults. I think you have a secret, she tells Amy. What kind of secret? David asks, pretending anger with Amy. I am going to find out, Madame Findley declares. David and Amy try to talk her out of going up. Please come back! they plead, obviously steering the unsuspecting medium exactly where they’ve been ordered to lure her. She starts up the passageway, and the children close the panel behind her. Suddenly they hear a noise. Immediately Amy pulls out a set of jacks and a ball. She and David drop to the floor as she begins playing. You’re cheating! Amy accuses David. I’m just better at it than you are, David says. The scene is set as Elizabeth enters and orders them to play without fighting. Where is Madame Findley? she asks.

Still holding the tarot card, Madame Findley is walking up a flight of stairs in an unlit passageway.

She left, the children tell Elizabeth. How long ago? Elizabeth asks. We don’t know, they reply. She didn't say anything to us. That’s odd, Elizabeth comments. I was going to take her to the West Wing. The children smile at each other, but Amy is a bit distracted. Go on, Amy, David tells her. Play the game. She smiles at him in a most un-adult manner. Glad that they have stopped squabbling, Elizabeth leaves to check the study.

Madame Findley, very excited, has arrived at the storage room in the West Wing. Seeing the opening in the panel, she crawls inside. Something pushes her into Quentin’s Room. [As she stands up, she trips over something--the wire that pulls the door shut behind her a moment later.] David and Amy have followed her quietly. In the storeroom, they move a trunk to cover the opening in the panel--but they needn’t have bothered. You're here, aren't you? Madame Findley calls out. I can tell your presence! The door slams shut behind her, locking her in. They hear her say, You won't frighten me! I want to help you! But Quentin has already set to work.

The closing credits run over the jacks and balls on the drawing-room floor.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:00:37 AM »
Liz continues to have a strong red aura electronically bleeding off her bright red dress.  In fact, everything has a bit of that, mainly on the right side.

Magda, I suppose, has a conversation with Madame Findlay through knocking once or twice, without needing to have it cleared up first how many knocks indicate what.  When asked about leading M Findlay to the Room, Magda thinks about it and knocks four times. Maybe they should have settled how many knocks for this or that... I think Ms. Humphey said she wanted to see the East Wing when it was supposed to be the West Wing.  So what, as we learn later there are ghosts there too...

Welcome back, Joe.  Apparently there are no hard feelings whatsoever about his having nearly strangled Baranabas to death.  Good thing Mrs. J isn't there... I don't care about such things ususally, but for some reason Joe's current darker hair and whatever they're doing to it bother me.  No idea why.

Pentagram on Joe's face.  Amy and M Findlay see it. Latter finds Room, end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »
Joe is Amy's cousin again, despite an earlier episode saying Chris was her only relative.  I was wondering why Joe didn't take in Amy when Tom died, but he was pretty busy at the time.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times