Author Topic: ShadowGram Update # 165  (Read 1037 times)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
ShadowGram Update # 165
« on: February 10, 2007, 06:43:07 AM »
ShadowGram Online Dark Shadows News Updates List
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Update List
An Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM
The Official Dark Shadows Published Newsletter & News Source
< ShadowGram@aol.com >

Number 165.   February 9, 2007.

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news.

More details, photos, media coverage, and other materials will be in the actual published ShadowGram print issues, including the upcoming new SG #109. This Updates List will post confirmed breaking developments.

*** MPI DS DVD CLUB & "DS - THE BEGINNING" DVD SET 1

"The first of 6 sets of the first year of DS (Episodes #1-209), prior to the introduction of Barnabas, are being released exclusively to members of the MPI DS DVD Club. These sets will be issued every other month through November of this year."
For more information about these pre-Barnabas DVDs, see SG Update 164 (January 23, 2007).

"They are not available in stores and can only be obtained directly from MPI through their website - www.darkshadowsdvd.com - or via phone, weekdays at 1-800-323-0442. (In Illinois, call 708-460-0555.)

"The just-released 'DS: The Beginning DVD Collection 1' has been discovered to have a slightly defective disc 4, where a few episodes are missing closing credits and stop abruptly near the end of the episode. This problem has been fixed and all persons who purchased the DVD are being sent free replacements in the next 2-3 weeks. All future shipments of the DVD will include the corrected disc 4.

"These DVDs features complete, unedited episodes, including the original production slates prior to each episode. Bonus material includes new, never-before-seen interviews and commentaries with DS actors and production personnel, plus other surprises."

**** AUDIO DRAMAS SIGNING EVENT

"Burbank, CA's Dark Delicacies Bookstore is holding a signing for the Big Finish DS audio dramas 2-25. Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie), Lara Parker (Angelique), and newly-added John Karlen (Willie) will be appearing with writer Scott Alan Woodard to sign the first 4 CDs - The House of Despair, The Book of Temptation, The Christmas Presence and The Rage Beneath. The signing begins at 2.00pm.

"For directions and more information, visit www.darkdel.com. Fans unable to attend can order signed CDs online - click on the Signing/Events tab on the site's homepage. For general information about the DS audio dramas, visit www.darkshadowsreborn.com."

*** UPCOMING DVD RELEASE - JOHN KARLEN IN "CAGNEY & LACEY"

John earned the 1986 Emmy Award as Best Supporting Actor - Drama Series and was nominated again in 1987 for his role as "Harvey Lacey" on the 1982-88 ground-breaking police drama CAGNEY & LACEY. The series was almost cancelled by CBS before casting changes brought John and others aboard. Critical and public recognition followed for its intense stories about real-life issues in the professional, personal, and emotional lives of 2 NYC women police detectives and their families.

Fox/MGM indicates it plans to release CAGNEY & LACEY Season 2 - the first full season of 22 episodes with John as "Harvey" - on 5-8. (They have not announced plans to release the first season, which consisted of only a few episodes with a different actress playing "Chris Cagney.")

**** UNIQUE DS COLLECTIBLES

A limited number of Dan Curtis' autographed "Produced & Directed by Dan Curtis" hardcover books and autographed copies of Lara Parker's new novel "DS: The Salem Branch" are available from the DS Festival/DS Official Fan Club. For more details plus information on other DS merchandise, please go to   www.darkshadowsfestival.com

*** SPECIAL NOTICES:

# 1 - SG is The Official DS Newsletter & News Source. This Updates List announces time-sensitive news bulletins. The SG print issues are the actual Official DS Newsletters. SG debuted in April, 1979 - almost 28 years ago. The latest new issue, SG #109, will be ready soon for all current postal-mail subscribers.

That SG #109 spotlights details, exclusive and behind-the-scenes pictures, media coverage, and more for the 2006 DS Fest 40th Anniversary Celebration and DS Halloween Party. The issue also expands on the above announcements and has direct information about new projects, productions, and more for the DS cast and crew.

Over recent months, I've had a greater work load at my job that requires me to spend more hours there every day. I've also had some personal health matters and other real life things that are taking much of my time and attention. I appreciate all the understanding, patience, and support I have from SG subscribers and DS fans worldwide.

I'm always kept fully informed about DS news and I announce all key time-sensitive "bulletins" on this Updates List. Each of these brief e-mail Update posts is fully explained and expanded in the published postal-mail issues.

# 2 -I am a co-founder of the DS Festival conventions (founded in 1983) and I continue to be very involved in each Fest.

Details for the 2007 Fest event are not yet finalized. I expect to announce definite plans soon.

SG and the Fest ask fans to please be patient until SG makes the premiere announcements to everyone for the 2007 DS Festival gathering. SG in print and this SG Updates List also will update Fest plans as they are confirmed.

*** FAN SHARING: Fans attending the Burbank signing are encouraged to please share their photos and reports. Also please send any references for DS, its cast/crew, products, etc., whenever and wherever you find them. These materials are included in the SG published newsletters for SG readers worldwide - including the DS cast/crew members themselves. I send complimentary copies of every SG print issue directly to the DS personnel.

You will be named as a Contributor in the published SG issue. Major input brings you a Contributor's Copy in thanks. Please send  jpeg  photos to SG's e-mail address or send hard-copy photos to SG's postal-mail address. Those addresses and subscription information follow below.

Thank you.

Marcy Robin

ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
Marcy Robin
P.O. Box 1766
Temple City, CA 91780-7766
E-mail: ShadowGram@aol.com

SHADOWGRAM (SG) is the * Official * "Dark Shadows" Newsletter. Much of its news is provided by the show's personnel and those involved in the 1966-71 TV series, 1991 TV series, and 2004 WB pilot. Established in 1979, SG works directly with individuals, companies, and others involved in DS' creation, distribution, promotion, merchandise, etc.

Regular SG print issues are published throughout the year, with free bonus complimentary breaking-news published updates as needed.

Brief Update bulletins are posted on this ShadowGram Online "Dark Shadows" News Updates List / Marcy Robin's ShadowGram "Dark Shadows" Cyberspace News Updates List. These posts are sent via e-mail between regularly-published issues to quickly notify fans of time-sensitive developments. Each e-mail Update is expanded and detailed in the subscription postal-mail print issues. You also can receive this identical SG Online Update by joining the ShadowGram Group at yahoogroups

Current and recent SG postal-mail print issues are immediately available. Subscriptions are:

--- US & Canadian First Class subscriptions: $12.00 for 4 issues, $24.00 for 8 issues.
---Overseas Air Mail subscriptions: US $20.00 for 4 issues, US $40.00 for 8 issues.

Please send print issue subscription payment to:

Marcy Robin, P.O. Box 1766, Temple City, CA 91780-7766.

Online subscription payment can be made via Paypal to:   ShadowGram@aol.com

For more information on the newsletter, please write with a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) to the above postal-address or e-mail ShadowGram@aol.com

Whenever your e-mail address changes, please notify me immediately. Please include your old and new e-mail addresses. If you do not wish to remain on the Online "ShadowGram / Marcy Robin's Cyberspace Dark Shadows News Update List," please notify me directly via return e-mail. Thank you.