Author Topic: Pre Barnabas On Dvd  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Evan Hanley

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Pre Barnabas On Dvd
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:07:28 AM »
Have they announced when they r going to release the pre barnabas`s on dvd? I hope i dont have to buy them through mpi. i want to get them on amazon or in the store. Also any news yet if there is a fest next yr? i know it was mentioned at the ny fest but did jim say it was a go at the halloween party?

Evan

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Pre Barnabas On Dvd
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 12:54:25 AM »
Have they announced when they r going to release the pre barnabas`s on dvd? I hope i dont have to buy them through mpi. i want to get them on amazon or in the store.

Sorry--
DS: The Beginning DVDs ... Collection 1, which will ship January 2007, with the remaining 5 collections released every other month.  At this time, these DVDs will only be available through the MPI DVD Club.  Benefits of membership include...

Also any news yet if there is a fest next yr? i know it was mentioned at the ny fest but did jim say it was a go at the halloween party?

I was under the impression that it didn't come up in New York, but no, no official announcement has been made yet.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:27:25 AM »
Have they announced when they r going to release the pre barnabas`s on dvd? I hope i dont have to buy them through mpi. i want to get them on amazon or in the store.

I understand they, MPI, will sell the pre-Barnabas DVDs exclusively through their website first.  After that, maybe, they'll open it up to public retailers who sell them for less.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »
Evan, I'd wait a while and get them cheaper from Amazon.  I'm SURE they'll eventually be available through other retailers besides MPI.  Don't give in to their scam of forcing you to join their stupid club to get them.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 06:18:32 PM »
I understand they, MPI, will sell the pre-Barnabas DVDs exclusively through their website first.

They won't actually be for sale on their website, but through their DVD Club (which you can join via their website).  The post directly above yours states this.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 07:46:36 PM »
Evan, I'd wait a while and get them cheaper from Amazon.  I'm SURE they'll eventually be available through other retailers besides MPI.  Don't give in to their scam of forcing you to join their stupid club to get them.  ;)

I don't think it's such a bad deal, if you are buying the whole package.  On Amazon, individual sets sell for about $44.99 (if memory serves correctly)  That's the price you get if you pre-order.  I believe it goes up if you wait a while.  MPI is selling them for $54.98, significantly more than Amazon, per unit.  If you figure the cost of all six though, Amazon would cost you about $270.  MPI is selling all 6 for the price of 5, which comes to about $275.  Both outfits ship the packages free.  MPI also gives some freebies for buying.  The main reason I'm ordering from them is that I don't want to take a chance that they may not be available long after MPI releases them.  I know it's a longshot, but I"m going for the sure thing.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:36:24 AM »
nothing about the next convention was announced at the halloween party. i dont recall anything being announced at the ny festival either unless it was during the banquet. i didnt attend the banquet.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »
I received an e-mail from MPI on Dec 27th, stating the 'Beginning' DVDs are scheduled to ship to DVD Club members "The Week Of January 15th, 2007".

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 06:57:21 AM »
sorry guys i'm just not a fan of pre Barnabas i can see why they had to "vamp "it up >:D
just MHO

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »
sorry guys i'm just not a fan of pre Barnabas i can see why they had to "vamp "it up just MHO. 

I'm 'sorta' w/ya on this Jennifer.  I prefer post Barny myself, though I *do* like the pre-Barn eps too.  And being the 'complete-ist' that I am, I do want the 6 volumes preceding his arrival just to have a full set.  However, I won't DIE if MPI never releases them for general public purchase.  I certainly am not going to cow-tow to their demands of joining their club to get them.  We'll just have to see what happens in a year or so.   ^-^
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 06:59:58 AM »
I certainly am not going to cow-tow to their demands of joining their club to get them.  We'll just have to see what happens in a year or so.   ^-^

I'm with you one this!!
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/