Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0336  (Read 3249 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0336
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:07:53 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0336
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:07:58 AM »
This was a good show. They are starting to get things rapped up for this storyline things are coming to a head.  I wonder how RG would have played it with Sarah. He already knows that  Sarah will not tell him things that she doesn't want him to know.  I wonder if Sarah wants to get him to do something to stop Barnabas? But I wonder what she wants him to do. Doesn't she think that he will want to distroy her brother. Does she think that Barnabas will come out and tell everyone what he is and ask for forgiveness?

What does Sarah really want. Or is it just to prove that David is not crazy. I wonder if she could have done it a different way.

Julia just wants to protect Barnabas and herself. She has really gotten herself into a mess.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 02:26:00 AM »
It's hard to guess what Sarah's motives are....I do believe that she does want someone to help David out....but how can one do that without endangering Barnabas' secret? Even though she hasn't appeared to him, I can't believe she wants to do anything to help destroy her big brother...unless it's to put him out of his miserable vampire existance.

One can only imagine how much more powerful the scene between Sarah and Dave Woodard would have been if Gerringer had stayed on to finish out the story.

Julia goes to great pains to try and discredit Dave's notions that he saw Sarah or that anyone else has seen her. She really did do a poor job to throw him off the trail.

Why oh why couldn't Dave have been more patient and wait for Burke to come back? Sigh.

Good episode nevertheless.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:28:45 AM »
It's a bit irritating the way Julia implies David is unstable, or that he might be lying. I realized she's trying to protect Barnabas, but David is only a child after all, but she doesn't seem overly concerned about making him look bad.

Poor Burke, I always liked him and to know what will soon happen is tragic!  :(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 03:00:05 AM »
Dr. Woodard sure knew how to manipulate Sarah - better than anybody before him has ever done.  I was a little surprised that she gave in when he said that David might be locked up.  She was able to find Maggie when Maggie was locked up, so she should be able to find David if he's locked up.

I understand Vicky's concern for David and her reluctance to leave him, but given the way David continually has problems of some sort or other, if I were she I wouldn't make getting married contingent on David being OK.  The thing to do would be to bring in a replacement now while Vicky's still there, and give her a month or so to settle in, and to see if David would take to her.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 07:29:22 AM »
I understand Vicky's concern for David and her reluctance to leave him, but given the way David continually has problems of some sort or other, if I were she I wouldn't make getting married contingent on David being OK.  The thing to do would be to bring in a replacement now while Vicky's still there, and give her a month or so to settle in, and to see if David would take to her.

But that is to logical, this is DS  ;D

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 03:23:22 PM »
VW has loyalty to the family and David, and doesn't just consider it a job.     There are relationships involved.    A governess must ber more than a teacher.   A substitute mommy for families where the mother is distant, I'd guess that's what it is often.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »
It just seems to me that Vicki uses any excuse not to marry Burke. I got the impression that the loss of her dream house was one excuse followed by David's problem. She certinly appears to me to be less than excited about marriage. Would she not be able to care for David even if she and Burke were married???? Of course she would.

Sarah refused to answer Dr. Woodard's question concernning the occupant of the coffin, yet she revealed much by her silence. Maybe she isn't protecting Barnabas after all. :-X

Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 12:24:39 AM »
Sarah refused to answer Dr. Woodard's question concernning the occupant of the coffin, yet she revealed much by her silence. Maybe she isn't protecting Barnabas after all. :-X

I think Sarah would protect Barnabas, she just hadn't delt with adults. She is a kid. She only had to deal with David and Maggie.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:40 AM »
Excellent episode, indeed! [cheer]  I sorely missed Robert Gerringer. [sadg] It's too bad he didn't stay until the end... There wasn't much more to his run.  I admire his principles for not crossing the picket line, though. [winkg]

I agree that Vicki should have been able to both work and be married.  Burke seems to have some old-fashioned values in that regard.

I like the suit that Julia was wearing in this episode, and her hair looked nice, too. [banana]  As much as she tried, she failed to get Dr. Woodard off the trail.  He knew what he saw! [winkb]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 05:41:16 PM »
I agree that Vicki should have been able to both work and be married.  Burke seems to have some old-fashioned values in that regard.

Though they weren't quite considered old-fashioned in '67. As hard as it might be to believe from today's perspective, many in the audience would have understood his POV.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
I wondered what Burke would have done if Vicki had decided to joined the Woman's Movement.... ;)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »
I wondered what Burke would have done if Vicki had decided to joined the Woman's Movement.... ;)
I don't know but, it might have helped him find that long-lost clue should have been searching for.  ::)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 05:58:15 PM »

He wanted her barefoot and pregnant.   ;)  I think Burke would have been clueless.  :)

Look Downward.

If it was the east or west wing and you imagine PT happening earlier.  How would they have expained Angelique Stokes. Trask the Butler. Prior to 1795.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 06:25:26 PM »
The PT room is in the East Wing, so they would have been safe from that. But Quentin was in the West Wing.  ;)  Though without Chris and Amy around, he still might have remained dormant and Vicki and Burke probably would have had no reason the break down the false wall blocking the access to his room. Which is all too bad because think of how much more interesting it might have been to have had the Quentin storyline instead of the Adam storyline after Vicki's return from the past (which was the way the '91 series had planned to go had it done a second season).