Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0316  (Read 1080 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0316
« on: June 11, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0316
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
These shows this week and beyond are very very tense. I can imagine how scary it was if you didn't know what happened.  Barnabas is really having issues, everything is happening to him and from all sides.  Willie  made his opinions known, I think he tries to do this to try to calm Barnabas down.

Vickie thinks Barnabas is the hero, because he found David.  But what if Burke hadn't come along to rescue David? I really don't think that Barnabas could have killed David. He is family after all, Sarah may have stopped him, but why didn't Sarah come earlier in the day to help David.

This is good where Barnabas is showing his conflict between being good and bad. Some very good shows where Barnabas shows more than just evil coming up.

From the earlier Episode, I guess they could have built the mausoleum into the hill and then you couldn't have seen the back room.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 09:50:18 PM »
Here's what I want to know and never will: did Burke, Barnabas, and David stop at a gas station on the way home from Eagle Hill so that David could pee?

David is starting down the path previously trod by Burke, and David's being just as stupid about it as Burke was - although David, being just a little boy, has more excuse for his stupidity.  David also has a little more evidence.  I have no doubt, however, that Barnabas could very easily explain away the fact that he knew about the secret room in the mausoleum, just as, weeks ago, he explained away the fact that he could open the front door to the Old House when David couldn't.  Or was it Vicky?  Somebody, anyway.  At any rate, David knows little enough so that Barnabas doesn't need to worry - but Sarah imposed a Code of Silence, so David can't tell exactly what he knows, and David is now in danger.  Sarah's a menace.

I watched carefully during the bedroom conversation between David and his father, and was pleased to note that David Henesy really was eating his sandwich, although he wasn't wolfing it down the way boy who hadn't eaten for a day or two should have been.  Oh, well, maybe it was his fifth.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Barnabas was not drinking his whatever-it-was, as usual.  I'll bet Mrs. Johnson has noticed by now that he never does, and wishes he'd just say no instead of making more work for her.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:02:21 PM »
This show began and ended on a scary note.  The way Barnabas was acting toward David in the beginnig was pretty scary.  I can understand how David would be scared of Barnabas.  [nerv] He was pretty menacing with his questions.  And then at the end... When Barnabas was looking out that window and wishing David, "pleasant dreams", that was pretty scary, too.  [shkdg]

I was pleased to find Roger being so caring toward David and asking him what happened.   [aprvg] Not so long ago, they weren't getting along very well.  [argue]

It's too bad Sarah imposed that "Code of Silence" - if not, then David could have told Barnabas what "secret" he knew, and Barnabas wouldn't have had any need to worry and consider hurting David.   [idontknow]

It's a good thing Burke came along when he did!  [whew] Once again, Burke saved the day! [cheerleader]  It was evident how much David and Burke cared for each other.  It also was heartwarming to see David get big hugs from Vicki and Roger when he returned to Collinwood.  [hug]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:32:25 AM »
I loved the way David just casually said, "I never thought of that," in response to his dad's comment about the mausoleum not being a logical choice for a person to go to get warm (though if it were windy outside, it might make some sense), then went on dreamily articulating his suspicions about Barnabas.  Very well written and played, as was the scene between Barnabs and Willy, very complex and intense.

These are very good episodes.