Author Topic: Isn't it Conveenient??  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Isn't it Conveenient??
« on: July 26, 2003, 11:13:07 PM »
How the PT counterparts can just walk right in and live. . . e.g. Julia Hoffman --she isn't Hoffman. . Angie should pick that up, shouldn't she?  And Dr Hoffman just happens to have the same hair length as  Hoffman housekeeper?  They shoulda mixed it up some. . . like Hoffman had black hair and then Julia shows up .. "oh I decided to try something different .. " explaining the firey red locks. . . And PT Hoffman had the same overactive metabolism of RT Dr Hoffman?  Now Dr Hoffman has reason to be nervous, hence way thin.  But the housekeeper?  I guess she "chose" not too eat either. . . :P
Julia99

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Isn't it Conveenient??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 12:34:19 AM »
Hi, Julia 99 You made a very good point
well done indeed.   Love U Anne ;) :) ;D :-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 03:20:27 AM »
They shoulda mixed it up some. . . like Hoffman had black hair and then Julia shows up .. "oh I decided to try something different .. " explaining the firey red locks. . .
What some of us would give just to hear Angie exclaim, "Hoffman!  In all these years, I've never seen you light up a cigarette!"  We then see Julia's lit cigarette fly out of her hand.  [CUE OMINOUS MUSIC AND CUT TO COMMERCIAL]

Ben  8)

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 04:41:05 AM »
The great thing about this point in Parallel Time is the opportunity to see two Graysons on screen at the same time.

I remember when Cher used to do that "Vamp" segment on her show.  She'd play different vampy women and at the end, they'd all appear on screen together through the magic of Chromakey.  Now, wouldn't it have been just too delicious to have all the Grayson characters on screen at the same time?  I'm sure the writers could have come up with some sort of disturbance in the space-time continuum that would have resulted in Julia, Nathalie, Magda, Hoffman, and the 1840/1 Julias all appearing in the same room.

Regards,

John

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »
That cirgarette scene would've been great! I was thinking the other day how interesting it is that after Julia nearly gets strangled by Barnabas we never see her smoke again on-screen but her continued habit is alluded to. . i can think of 2 other instances where burning cigarettes are focused on in a scene . . .

And John . .i think even Grayson would've had a nervous breakdown with all those characters on screen!  :-*
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 02:39:16 AM »
I was thinking the other day how interesting it is that after Julia nearly gets strangled by Barnabas we never see her smoke again on-screen

How quickly you forget the opening scene in Episode #487: the morning after first having the dream, Julia paces Collinwood's drawing room, cigarette in hand, and snuffs it out in an ashtray already filled with butts:

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 01:59:32 AM »
Priceless. . i remember her snuffing out the cigs but didn't recall we actually saw one in her mouth! [coolbrows]
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 01:48:53 AM »
didn't recall we actually saw one in her mouth! [coolbrows]

She takes two puffs. I tried to get a capture that showed that better, but the shot wasn't close enough and the smoke was too fleeting. :( As it was, what I posted is magnified 4 times and look how unclear it still looks.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 06:34:42 PM »
The great thing about this point in Parallel Time is the opportunity to see two Graysons on screen at the same time.

I remember when Cher used to do that "Vamp" segment on her show.  She'd play different vampy women and at the end, they'd all appear on screen together through the magic of Chromakey.  Now, wouldn't it have been just too delicious to have all the Grayson characters on screen at the same time?  I'm sure the writers could have come up with some sort of disturbance in the space-time continuum that would have resulted in Julia, Nathalie, Magda, Hoffman, and the 1840/1 Julias all appearing in the same room.

John...what a great memory and idea.

That would've been alot of fun.

Patti
What a Woman!