Author Topic: Off Topic: Idiots Posing as Librarians......  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Off Topic: Idiots Posing as Librarians......
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 11:20:12 PM »
Re: Best Buy, not librarians -- God bless (some) of them.   ;D

However, my current experience with Dell has been hell on earth -- I made an upgrade, for which I've been charged over $300 but didn't get what I paid for and have been at their mercy for the past three weeks with no resolution in sight.

Now I find out that I could have found almost the same thing -- actually a Compaq Presario with more memory and a faster processor from Best Buy online.

Still exhausted and at the mercy of Dell, whose customer "care" staff couldn't "care" less.

Vlad...if you have a minute...cruise over to Testing 123 & go to page 3; see Thread "General Computer Questions" (I think started by Josette) and see what I have to say about Dell.

:P Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2003, 02:54:48 AM »
I'm really shocked that you've had so much trouble with Dell because everyone that I know who has ever bought a Dell has raved about how great their support is. Also, Dell consistently ranks at the top of customer support surveys. In fact, PC Magazine readers gave them an A in their latest reader's survey.

Perhaps you should report the person or people you've worked with to the main Dell office. Seriously. Sometimes you just have the bad luck of getting some arrogant SOB who thinks you're at their mercy - not that they're there to help you. No one should have to put up with what you've been through. :( And if enough people were to complain about certain support staff, chances are they wouldn't be likely to remain part of the support staff for too long. ;)

I was at the doctor's today and am amazed that my blood pressure is still normal after what I've been going through with Dell.

One of the first persons I've mentioned my Dell problems to was a tech person at the computer lab here.  She said she'd been through the same thing with Dell, and it took six months of phone calls, letters, and e-mails (none of them responded to) before they got her situation straight.  In the meantime she returned the computer but it took months before they credited her for it.  Someone she knows had a similar experience.

I read the article in the Aug. issue of PC World (first time I've ever picked up a computer magazine  :D ) and they said that complaints with Dell have risen alarmingly.

I am going to call tomorrow and set up a return of the whole damn thing.  I started this process once already, but got a smooth-talking returns person who promised to remedy the situation (we're talking a $330 upgrade that I've already paid for) ... it's been 10 days and that's the last I've heard (she promised 5 days max).

I've been lied to and given the run around for three weeks and have dealt with at least a dozen "care" staff.

My big worry is that I won't be credited the $1,700 return, or they'll concoct some more charges, so I may have to cancel my credit card, which I'm told will negatively affect my credit rating.

Patti -- am anxious to read your Dell comments in the other thread ...  :o

Luciaphil -- would love to hear more about those disgusting goings-ons you've encountered   ;D
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2003, 03:25:48 AM »
One of the first persons I've mentioned my Dell problems to was a tech person at the computer lab here.  She said she'd been through the same thing with Dell, and it took six months of phone calls, letters, and e-mails (none of them responded to) before they got her situation straight.  In the meantime she returned the computer but it took months before they credited her for it.  Someone she knows had a similar experience.

I read the article in the Aug. issue of PC World (first time I've ever picked up a computer magazine  :D ) and they said that complaints with Dell have risen alarmingly.

Hmmm - apparently, then, it would seem that, like so many companies before them, Dell has become a place of inflated egos where, instead of becoming more dedicated when the news of increasing sales and larger market shares are announced, the rush of power and placement in the industry makes them completely forget how they got there in the first place. ::)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2003, 06:09:14 PM »
Hmmm - apparently, then, it would seem that, like so many companies before them, Dell has become a place of inflated egos where, instead of becoming more dedicated when the news of increasing sales and larger market shares are announced, the rush of power and placement in the industry makes them completely forget how they got there in the first place. ::)

MB...I think it quite 'extraordinary' that directly beneath your message...is your very unique logo >:D

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2003, 01:53:00 AM »
MB...I think it quite 'extraordinary' that directly beneath your message...is your very unique logo >:D

And which logo would that be? ;)