Author Topic: evesdropping  (Read 1089 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
evesdropping
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »
i've been watching some 1967 episodes(my favorite part of the show)and there is alot of evesdropping going on here.

in one prime episode burke and vicki are on the terrace discussing their plans about moving into the west wing and...da,da...barnabas is listening in from the darkness(natch)and then interupts with "i couldn't help but overhear blah,blah,blah" and then to add yet another layer of snoopiness to this exchange we learn that julia is also lurking about in the shadows listening in too!

it's all too much!

something about all these supposedly cultured,sophisticated people skulking around this stupid terrace evesdropping on one another really entertained me. [ghost_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline sallycollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: evesdropping
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 04:58:32 PM »
I recall one episode later on when Quentin opened the drawing room door from the inside. I think Gregory Trask was standing there and Quentin said, "How long have you been standing there listening?"
Sally Collins

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 05:31:56 PM »
It always give me a laugh when they shut the drawing room doors to have a supposedly private conversation and then someone will run in to listen outside the door.  Julia was just doing it in a 1968 episode.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 06:18:42 PM »
Everyone's secrets would be known by one character who puts a microphone in the Drawing Room, or skulks in the secret passage.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
There's no doubt that the DS characters raised eavesdropping to an art form!  [lghy]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 01:12:17 AM »
Reminds me of one my favorite scenes from The Nanny when Fran is trying to find out which celebrity is secretly being hidden in the house.  As she snoops, the little girl asks her what she's doing.  Fran berates her about eavesdropping, saying:  "What have I told you about doing that?"  The little girl answers:  "Make sure you post a look-out so you don't get caught?"  Fran responds:  "Right."

Gerard

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 07:32:34 AM »
I was always amazed that Angelique was able to sit by the fire and cast her spells and not get caught.
Josette