Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0513  (Read 1236 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0513
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:10:24 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0513
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »
Professor Stokes was being built up as some sort of witch-fighting superhero today.  He told Tony that he was an old hand, and when Tony accused Cassandra of being frightened of Stokes because Stokes was as powerful as Cassandra, apparently the viewers were supposed to think Tony was right.  Very odd.  Up to now he has seemed to me to be an enthusiastic amateur, and now he's being touted as a seasoned pro.

Looking at Joe today, I started to think about the actors who didn't do the Dream.  Did they feel left out of things?  Joel Crothers wanted to do more.  Surely the writers could have routed the Dream through him at some point.  I don't know what would be behind his door, though.  Moby Dick, maybe.

The scene in the Evans Cottage was fun to watch, as I thought about the scenes that Kathryn Leigh Scott, Thayer David, and Lara Parker had done with each other as Josette, Ben, and Angelique.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 07:39:17 PM »
Me thinks Professor Stokes is a man of many hidden talents, Lydia. [ghost_wink]

Great, this is the episode where Cassandra betwitches Elizabeth with the fear of being buried alive. I won't say this little twist wasn't interesting, it was....at first. But it drags on for far too long. [ghost_tongue]

I wonder why doesn't Barnabas SCREAM from the wall for someone to hear him...are the bricks really so thick no one could hear him? [ghost_huh]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »
this was one of the best lines in the whole show!
Stokes' parting shot to Cassandra: " If you see Vicki tell her I am no longer interested in buying the portrait because the one she has is a copy and I have found the original."
I loved this line! It was so funny! The look on Cassandra's face was priceless! [ghost_grin] Stokes was so calm, cool and collected. I also loved how he coyly pocketed the pipe tobacco. [cheesyg]

[milestone] This was when Cassandra put the idea into Elizabeth's head about death. I agree with Robin; this death storyline did go on way too long!  [ghost_sleep]

Boy, Tony narrowly escaped that spell from Cassandra which would have made him fall in love with her. He was able to snap out of it when he saw Elizabeth peering out of the window. [whew]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:10:16 PM »
I like Elliot as a middle-aged supernatural superhero, triumphing because he actually knows things, and gloating cleverly while doing it.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »
this was one of the best lines in the whole show!
Stokes' parting shot to Cassandra: " If you see Vicki tell her I am no longer interested in buying the portrait because the one she has is a copy and I have found the original."
I loved this line! It was so funny! The look on Cassandra's face was priceless! [ghost_grin]

You took the words right out of my mouth because I've been meaning to post that exact same thing but didn't get to it until now. I love the looks on both Cassandra and Stokes' faces:

I also love the looks on their faces when Cassandra first discovers Stokes at the cottage:

And what's up with Joe's raised eyebrow while Stokes and Cassandra are having their exchange:

Apparently Joe's mind is racing with who knows what sort of thoughts.  [wink2]

That whole scene is classic DS!  [thumb]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 09:30:02 PM »
lydia makes an interesting point about joe and those characters that did not have the dream.

most of the cast had it.i haven't seen this storyline in it's entirety in a long time but from what i remember joe,as lydia mentioned,roger and elizabeth were the only regular characters who did not have it.

oh,and maybe adam didn't have it either.

is there anyone else who got left out of this little plot?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »
i really wanted Adam before he could talk to be next in line for the Dream, because first he'd have had to show up in the Dream and recite the poem etc.... and he'd just make incoherent sounds and the dreamer would have no idea what he was trying to say.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:05:38 AM »
lydia makes an interesting point about joe and those characters that did not have the dream.

most of the cast had it.i haven't seen this storyline in it's entirety in a long time but from what i remember joe,as lydia mentioned,roger and elizabeth were the only regular characters who did not have it.

oh,and maybe adam didn't have it either.

is there anyone else who got left out of this little plot?

Hmm, I think the list you both came up with is complete.  Tony didn't have it either, so maybe Cassangelique cut her minion some slack, same as she did for Roger.

How about Harry?  His parole officer might be behind a door.  Or maybe a 9 to 5 job?   [ghost_wink]