Author Topic: DARK SHADOWS REUNION  (Read 3009 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
DARK SHADOWS REUNION
« on: October 04, 2003, 06:07:44 AM »
no one has mentioned anything about the ds reunion dvd that was to be released this week. i ordered mine from AMAZON.COM and they sent an e-mail today stating that my order has been cancelled and the dvd i ordered is not being released at this time! a friend of mine on the east coast told me he purchased it from movies unlimited in philadelphia! what gives?

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re:DARK SHADOWS REUNION
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 06:20:48 AM »
Joe,

I noticed this a few weeks ago, but didn't think much of it at the time. For a while, Amazon had the Dark Shadows Reunion DVD listed twice, using two different stock numbers.

Apparently, they deleted the duplicate entry, so that anyone who placed an order from that page got the notice you received about the item not being available. Anyone who ordered from the page they left up received the DVD.

This is not the first time they've done this either.  >:(

Brilliant, huh?

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 05:47:35 PM »
So, if I went to amazon NOW, would I see the DS reunion DVD for sale? And does anyone know how much it costs?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2003, 05:52:11 PM »
i wrote to customer service and informed them that they r advertising the item that they cancelled. they wrote back and said that even if i ordered it again the order may be cancelled again! this makes no sense. im just going to get it at tower video or somewhere  else.
E-mail message

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.
I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding this item.
It appears that the current availability estimate listed on our web site may not yet reflect the most recent information provided to us by our suppliers.
While you are welcome to place a new order, it is possible that this order, too, may be cancelled. For this reason, you may want to wait at least a week or two before placing a new order for this item. If you do choose to order again, please know that we will do our best to complete your new order.
We appreciate your business and hope you will give us the chance to serve you better in the future.
Best regards,
Kundan Kumar
Amazon.com Customer Service

Date: Fri Oct 03 22:58:08 PDT 2003
Subject: Where's My Stuff?

NAME: joseph t. integlia
COMMENTS: you are still advertising this item for sale on your
website, yet you cancelled my order for this itemDARK SHADOWS REUNION.I want the dvd sent to me asap and for the price i was charged not the higher price you are advertising now.From: order- update@amazon.com Date: Fri, Oct 3, 2003, Greetings from Amazon.com. We are sorry to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:     John Weaver (Director), et al "Dark Shadows Reunion" Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found that it will not be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. We have cancelled this item from your order. Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only pay for items when we ship them to you. Your order is now closed.
Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again. Sincerely, Customer Service Department

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2003, 05:57:07 PM »
patti, read my latest post. i would think twice about ordering this item from amazon. 

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2003, 08:12:31 PM »
My copy is on its way from cduniverse.com and I also saw several copies on the shelf at my local Best Buy. Sounds like Amazon is not to be trusted with this title.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 01:39:08 AM »
Thanks, Bette, for the Best Buy mention--I got the cancellation notice from Amazon earlier this week, and assumed the DVD was delayed, but I went to BB today and picked up a copy.  Just finishing watching it--what a great tribute to DS to be featured at the Museum of TV and Radio.  Fun to see them all together again.  Definitely worth buying!!   ;D

Brian

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 01:47:53 AM »
i purchased mine at bestbuy also.

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 01:52:06 AM »
Thanks, Bette, for the Best Buy mention--I got the cancellation notice from Amazon earlier this week, and assumed the DVD was delayed, but I went to BB today and picked up a copy.  Just finishing watching it--what a great tribute to DS to be featured at the Museum of TV and Radio.  Fun to see them all together again.  Definitely worth buying!!   ;D

You're welcome, Brian. Glad it worked out for you. I was very surprised when I happened to see copies at BB because my local store usually does not carry much in the way of DS. My copy arrived yesterday from  CDUniverse, but I have not yet had the time to view it. I was fortunate enough to have been at the actual event at the Museum of  TV and Radio, so I know that I have a treat in store.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 03:05:39 AM »

Whoa.  You're shopping at Best Buy again, Brian?

Glad you enjoyed it, wherever you bought it.  ;)  Agree that the tribute was very enjoyable.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 03:32:05 AM »
Yeh, Midnight, I broke down and went back.  I'm surprised you remembered my previous rants against BB.  Of course I have to add that I now do 95% of my DVD/CD/Books/etc. through online merchants (e.g., Amazon; Deep Discount DVD; Columbia House DVD Club; BMG Music Service.)  I no longer need the immediate gratification of buying from a local store--but this disc was an exception.  LOL.

Brian

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 03:42:27 AM »
I'm surprised you remembered my previous rants against BB.

It's a curse.  I remember what happened on the forums ages ago but not where I put my coffee cup or keys. :-

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 02:51:16 PM »
I found mine at Best Buy too. They had 3 of them in stock and on the shelf Saturday for 19.95.  Actually 2 now since I picked mine up.  You can also get them through DVD Planet.com.

Offline boykading

• Junior Poster
  • Arggh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 03:53:33 PM »
I ordered mine through Amazon (with "A Mighty Wind") and it is now somewhere in Illinois. Sigh. Oh well, I ordered it with my Amazon Visa, so at least I'll get the points.

Btw, Midnite, love your sig file. Long live Spike.