Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0944  (Read 1062 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0944
« on: July 02, 2015, 06:18:10 PM »
Robservations #944

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0944

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 06:55:11 PM »
For a moment, the man trapped inside the werewolf seems to want to eat the Moon Poppy. The the beast wins out. The werewolf destroys the plant, smashes the pot, and runs out the door.

At the antique shop, Jeb berates Maggie for failing to find out where Carolyn is. Bruno arrives and tells him to take it easy, but Jeb pouts like the spoiled brat he has been in all his incarnations. But when Jeb hears the distant howl of the werewolf, he nervously moves to the shop window. The creature howls again, louder this time, and Bruno notices Jeb isn’t listening to his profound philosophic musings. I’m recalling a poem, Jeb replies, and darned if it isn’t the one from the immortal Lon Chaney film:

Even if a man is pure at heart
And says his prayers at night,
He can become a werewolf when the wolfsbane blooms
And the moon is full and bright.

Bruno doesn't give it much thought, but Jeb pretty much freaks out, because werewolves were the only creatures the Leviathans couldn't tame. He actually covers his ears to shut out the howling.

Barn arrives at the cottage and surveys the wreckage sadly. Samantha arrives a moment later and screams in despair. Barnabas politely introduces himself, even though they met before he went back to 1897--although Samantha is probably better off if she doesn't remember. (She practically had a seizure at the sight of his wolf's-head cane.) She wails that Chris will be killed tonight and rushes out to look for him. Barn goes after her. Sometime later, in a clearing in the woods, he decides to recruit some of the servants at Collinwood in the search. (But do they have any servants, or still only Mrs. Johnson??!!)

Jeb is still freaking out at the antique shop, even though Bruno tries to tell him that the wolf probably is gone. He decides to go out and shoot it, despite Jeb's protests that only silver can kill a werewolf. Jeb says the pistol won’t do any good, but Bruno is adamant: I have got to go, if only to prove to you that I don't just talk. I do what has to be done, no matter how dangerous!

Just as Barn returns to Collinwood, he gets a phone call from a very nervous Angelique. Glancing around as if Sky will return at any moment, she practically orders him to come to Little Windward Island--what she has to tell him can't be said over the phone. Barnabas decides he needs to find something out first and leaves.

Sabrina is still searching the woods, all alone. She isn't frightened when she hears the werewolf howling, because she knows it means that Chris is still alive. She hopes he'll stay that way long enough for her to find him and help him.

Jeb is practically in fetal position, still covering his ears when Barn arrives. Barn makes some remarks about how beautiful the night is--especially the great big full moon. It would be a perfect night, Jeb agrees nervously--if I had Carolyn. He and Barn argue for a bit about whether it's the right time, etc. We’re on the same side and shouldn’t quarrel, Barnabas insists. He prepares to leave, but Jeb is so frightened that he’d rather be with Barnabas than alone. I’ll give you a chance to prove we’re on the same side, he says. Tell me about the werewolf. There’s no such thing! Barnabas says sharply as he turns away. Jeb says, Don't tell me there is no such thing, because you forget that I know your history. You know there is one. You know he is around here. Barnabas acknowledges, I know there’s been talk about a strange animal, but no one has ever seen it. In a village like Collinwood, it’s hard to tell legend from fact. Jeb disagrees. I sense the werewolf, he insists, just as it senses me. Finally it dawns on Barnabas that Jeb is afraid: I didn’t know that he was your enemy, he says. Well, now you do, Jeb says irritably. Listen to the legends more closely, he orders Barnabas, because I have to find out where and who the werewolf is. I have got to kill him before he kills me.

Sabrina is still searching the woods when suddenly the werewolf is before her. She screams reflexively, then talks to it as if to Chris, saying she wants to help him. The creature reaches out a paw, but whether it was going to touch her shoulder or rip her to shreds, we will never know. Bruno springs out of nowhere and launches himself on the creature. But he's no match for it. With supernatural strength, it throws him around a few times. The next time it charges him, Bruno draws his pistol and shoots the creature in the ribs. No! Sabrina screams, and the werewolf screams too. It runs off, clutching its side, as Bruno watches it in amazement. He puts his arm around Sabrina’s trembling shoulders and assures her she’s safe now. But Sabrina falls to her knees, sobbing, No, no! Bruno thinks she’s still frightened. I’ve saved you, he says, but she refuses to look at him. Why don’t you leave me alone? she wails. Bruno is amazed at her reaction. The creature would have killed you if I hadn’t come along, he says. Sabrina insists, He wouldn’t have hurt me, he wouldn’t have! She collapses to the ground, sobbing brokenheartedly as Bruno looks on in total confusion.

Angelique waits for Barnabas’s arrival on Little Windward Island. (Her front hair is teased up in her usual dome, and most of her back hair hangs down to her shoulders as usual, but the hairstylists decided to give her two very strange little braids as well. She makes up for this unfortunate coiffure by wearing a becoming black dress with a discreetly plunging neckline and a long string of pearls.) She is actually pouring herself a drink (the first we’ve seen her take since Josette and Jeremiah eloped) when Barnabas arrives. (Presumably he drove himself but seems not to have run anyone over on the way.)

Carolyn and Elizabeth are sleeping, she tells him, but I have a big problem. My life as Angelique Rumson is terribly important to me--especially Sky. I couldn’t bear it if I lost Sky. You must get Carolyn and Elizabeth out of the house immediately. You said they could stay till Sky comes back, Barnabas reminds her. Angelique admits, When I told Sky that I had houseguests, he said they could stay as long as they wish. Did you tell him him who they were? Barnabas asks. I did, she replies. Sky was very generous about it. He is a very kind and generous man--but I am not so generous. I refuse to give up my happiness to help anyone. Last night Elizabeth was looking at me intently and thought I reminded her of someone. Carolyn thought that her mother had seen me in a magazine. How soon Elizabeth will recognize me as Cassandra, her one-time sister-in-law? Angelique asks. And what if I make some slip and reveal too much knowledge about the Collinses? I wouldn’t be giving myself away just to them, but to a dedicated member of the Leviathans! Elizabeth will do what I tell her, Barnabas assures Angelique, and she would never hurt Carolyn. Angelique is not comforted. If Sky finds out about me, I’m lost! she says. Barnabas finally agrees to take them away. Thank you, Barnabas, Angelique whispers. He wants to do it tomorrow, but she insists on now. Barnabas refuses, saying that the danger to Carolyn is worse than ever. Angelique relents but says, Until tomorrow, I am in danger. She warns, Barnabas, remember, if you fail to keep your promise.... I won’t fail, Barnabas assures her, but as he turns away his face is filled with worry.

Bruno returns to the antique shop, where Jeb is huddled against the far wall in complete darkness, like a frightened little boy. Bruno tells Jeb that he shot the werewolf. Jeb reminds him about the silver bullets. Next time, I'll have them, Bruno assures him. At the next full moon I’m going to be where the wolf is, with my pistol. He explains, I also found a girl who wasn’t afraid of the werewolf and even felt she could control him. Jeb is still frightened as well as surprised. Bruno continues, I think the girl must know the werewolf very well. She’ll lead me to the creature at the next full moon. The girl’s name is Sabrina Stewart. I brought her home to the inn. She lives there with her brother, who was away for the night. Then Bruno wonders, Maybe I shouldn’t wait for the next full moon. Maybe I should kill kill the werewolf now. Jeb instantly nixes that idea: If you kill him while he is in human form, it will turn him into an animal forever. No, that is just what he would like. Then he could hunt me always--and howl always. Questioning authority isn’t part of Bruno’s job description, so he says, Look, if he bothers you that much, I will go looking for him right now. Don't worry, you’ve got Bruno!

After Bruno leaves, Jeb starts to go upstairs to the sanctuary of his room, but the phone rings. The caller apparently asks for him by name, because Jeb identifies himself. As the conversation goes on, Jeb smiles. The caller tells him that Carolyn Stoddard is on Little Windward Island. Jeb is pleased, but it has to be tonight, not tomorrow. He tells the caller, The ceremony must take place there, on Little Windward Island--and this is what I want you to do.........

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:24:06 AM »
Lara VO.  Moon Poppy  Grrrr.  No dice, Mr. Hair.  We learn that Ned Stuart is still around (Bruno said so), but that none dare speak his name.  He has become a shy, retiring sort of person, who shrinks from television cameras.  The word is clearly out now, about Not Being Seen. 

"Don't worry!!  You've got Bruno!!"  By Violet Welles.

I like the fact that you know the last time Angelique had a drink, DL!  And various things like that.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »
Thanks, MT! That's the last time I remember seeing Angelique having a drink, in any case. And that self-congratulatory Champagne toast in 1795 was a doozy.

Luckily for us, Ned Stuart is away for the night. Surely not on a date! Does anyone ever mention him again? I doubt it. I don't think we ever see him again, but I'm not sure. The more self-actualizing Sabrina becomes, the more invisible he gets.  [ghost_cheesy]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »
Ned Stuart never darkens our television screens again, although we are not quite finished with Roger Davis. He has a two episode, glorified cameo coming up shortly. Then he's gone from the television incarnation of DS for good.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 06:26:22 PM »
Thanks, Uncle Roger. Now I remember the cameo--definitely something to look forward to!  [ghost_grin]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »
I can't believe that I have no recollection of this moment from this ep:

But, of course, it's immortalized on the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Leviathans" -

Episode #0944

- (with a new set up) and "Caption This! - Leviathans" -

Episode #0944

- boards  [b003]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
MB, I don't remember that moment at all! Looks like Jeb is napping while Bruno is casing the joint--?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »
I can see where it looks like that. But I guess my mind is much more, uh, salacious than yours because my mind immediately jumped to a completely, uh, different scenario!!  [naughty]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 11:57:03 PM »
You weren't alone in that.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile