Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1123  (Read 619 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1123
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:58:26 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1123
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:58:57 AM »
I thought the Head had a combover for a moment!   Just a shadow.   ***   "Old man" Daniel is 57; he was 20 in 1803.   ***   I never noticed Abe Vigoda's backstory before (Otis Green).  They let Otis go, after having killed four people?   Did they actually believe him?   He was fortunate to be free and allowed to live his life.

Flora: "Quentin, aren't you the tiniest bit concerned about what I read in the cards?"   
Quentin: "No, of course not.  Well, I just think it's possible that you haven't learned as much as you thought you had."
Flora (after Q leaves, to self): "Oh dear... that never occurred to me!"
That's a very fun exchange.   

I LOLed at Daphne thinking to herself: "Tonight I have finally met the man I am going to kill!"   Yes, you've finally found Mr. Right!   A girl dreams of this day.....!!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1123
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »
That's a very fun exchange.
Yes, and Joan Bennett performed her part perfectly.

The scene in the drawing room with Daniel, Quentin, Flora, and Desmond was very sweet, and especially sweet when you remember that Edmonds, Selby, Bennett, and Karlen also played Edward, Quentin, Judith, and Carl squabbling in that very same room when Grandmama's will was read in in 1897.  Flora was so very solicitous of old Daniel!  And Quentin was so filial towards his father!  And Desmond, unlike Carl, wasn't ready to burst into tears!

Daphne's quite an accomplished young woman if she can talk her way into a newspaper job on a moment's notice.  Is this the first time we've seen the office of the Collinsport Star?  And shouldn't a girl in her first day on the job be a little more careful before handing out old copies of the paper?  But I suppose that fact that Desmond was a Collins would make all the difference to Daphne's boss.