Author Topic: Episode #0421  (Read 1057 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Episode #0421
« on: February 06, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »
LOVE the caption in today's montage about Vickie *finally* realizing she should shut her mouth about the future!  The "Well DUH!" caption had me literally LOL!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #0421
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 05:49:21 PM »
LOVE the caption in today's montage about Vickie *finally* realizing she should shut her mouth about the future!  The "Well DUH!" caption had me literally LOL!  ;)

And as we know, it goes down even more when she goes back to the present. ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #0421 / Episode #1205
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »
LOVE the caption in today's montage about Vickie *finally* realizing she should shut her mouth about the future!  The "Well DUH!" caption had me literally LOL!

Say what you will about Peter (and we certainly have  [wink2]) but to his credit he was continually warning Vicki to keep her mouth shut and not to share. But did Vicki listen? Hell, no!  >:(  So, by Ep #421 it was about time that she finally got some sense into that head of hers.  ::)  And watching 1795/96 at the same time as the first Laura storyline only makes Vicki's, um, to put it kindly, less than smart behavior that much more glaring. For example, so far Vicki has been the one with all the correct suspicions about Laura and the one uncovering all the clues. She's been behaving extremely intelligently. And it's very sad to see almost the complete absense of that intelligence only a year later in the storylines...

On a different note, though, I'm a bit surprised that Vicki caption was the one that captured your attention in the slideshow. As a self-confessed big fan of 1841PT, I might have thought that perhaps it would have been the "Catherine begs Bramwell to frighten her, to threaten her, or to make her run away - but not to be gentle with her" caption from Ep #1205 because that moment seems to be a favorite among most 1841PT devotees. It's definitely a defining moment in the storyline that tells us so much about Catherine and Bramwell's relationship.  ;)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #0421 / Episode #1205
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 10:14:49 PM »
On a different note, though, I'm a bit surprised that Vicki caption was the one that captured your attention in the slideshow. As a self-confessed big fan of 1841PT, I might have thought that perhaps it would have been the "Catherine begs Bramwell to frighten her, to threaten her, or to make her run away - but not to be gentle with her" caption from Ep #1205 because that moment seems to be a favorite among most 1841PT devotees. It's definitely a defining moment in the storyline that tells us so much about Catherine and Bramwell's relationship.  ;)

Oh, it wasn't lost me, LOL!  And you are correct sir that after the scene in ep 1202 where they've obviously had sex, this scene is the 2nd fave of every 1841 PT fan I know.  ;)  Says to me that ol' Catherine liked it rough, maybe into S&M perhaps??  The mind boggles... >:D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 04:08:25 PM »
She almost seems smart in ep. 421 compared to ep. 455 that I watched last night.

[spoiler]Where she shoots the guy who has kidnapped Daniel, and she wants to run and get a doctor for him.  Um, Vicki, you've just escaped from jail where you've got a death sentence for witchcraft.  Perhaps not the best idea to go running around in public looking for a doctor.  Especially since the guy's dead.[/spoiler]

Episode 456 doesn't do her any favors either.  I just can't sympathise with characters who have such utter disregard for their own well being.  I mean, nice is one thing, nice to the point of making everyone roll their eyes and say "oh, gimme a break", that's just too much.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 02:22:23 AM »
my favorite vicki was vicki during the first laura collins story.she had a very appealing "nancy drew-ish-ness".sort of "victoria winters,girl mystery solver".it was the character at her best.

but something changed in the writing after the barnabas introduction.while vicki was able to recognize a threat in laura and act on it the storyline dictated that vicki become "fond" of barnabas.so while bells and whistles should have been going off to alarm her of the potential threat barnabas posed she just couldn't see it.she saw him as a gentleman and even had burke call off his investigation of barnabas.i suppose this was supposed to make her seem sweet and trusting and also put her in further jeopordy which heightened the dramatic potential but it also resulted in her coming across as rather dim.

and by 1795 the deal was done. :(
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 03:45:06 AM »
The character's progressive dimness is a big part of the reason AM didn't return to the role of Vicki after the birth of her son.  Apparently, she was approached, but wanted to play a more multi-dimensional version, or a wicked version of the character.  DC wouldn't go there, so she decided against coming back.

Petofi