Author Topic: Saturday's Fest Highlight  (Read 5347 times)

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Saturday's Fest Highlight
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 11:40:18 PM »
Ugh.

Seconded.

Thirded, but I'd have been too desperate not to have a bad experience that I'd have strained to find the fun in it.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Breebell

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 11:58:22 PM »
When David Selby had us rap a lot of people really got into it.  I couldn't, I'm sorry, I just don't like rap.

I wish I had rapped for him though, because he is such a sweetheart.
He was only going to be there for Saturday so if we wanted an autograph, Saturday was our only chance, and only till nine that night.
But that dear, dear man stayed late for us.
He was exhausted but he stayed.  I got my book signed at 10:45 and there were about twenty people behind me.

Which put me in the perfect time and place to step aside so I wouldn't bump into Jonathan Frid as he was entering the hall
of my hotel.  I was so completely overcome at being four feet away from him that I couldn't even look at him.
Now that was the highlight of the fest for me.  I wish I'd been able to look at him.  I was smiling with sheer joy, but at his entourage, not him.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »
Willie re-releasing Barnabas was absolutely priceless!!  Thank you for sharing that video.  That made my day.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 02:19:22 AM »
he is such a sweetheart.
He was only going to be there for Saturday so if we wanted an autograph, Saturday was our only chance, and only till nine that night.
But that dear, dear man stayed late for us.
He was exhausted but he stayed.  I got my book signed at 10:45 and there were about twenty people behind me.

So he went over 10:45 and still had 20 behind you.  Great guy it seems.  We may not agree with his political or should I say some but it's cool seeing different aspects of David Selby.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 03:48:14 AM »
I seem to sound harder on him than I wanted to be.     I can't help but to be in a harsh frame of mind at the moment.  Besides, I now have a permanant sound-sensitivity because of land-mine volume rap that used to be played in this building for a couple years, to the point where I can't listen to my own music here most of the time.    I'm glad I didn't have to be there, because I'd end up associated thudding, painful rap with David Selby.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 04:29:12 AM »
I worked the Jonathan Frid table where he was selling items as a "silent auction".  These items were all collected by JF over the years.  There was 2 sets of DS comic books; Playbills [not sure if I have that name right] from different NY shows he attended over the years, framed photos and posters.  At the end, he would autograph every auctioned item. Also for sale was the DVD Frid Evil.  I don't know who bought the auctioned items or how much each ended up paying.  Maybe someone who won the auctioned item may say what they won.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 06:09:40 AM »
I think Jonathan should have been at the cast reunion, since it was right after his SAT presentation...

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 03:31:29 AM »
I think Jonathan should have been at the cast reunion, since it was right after his SAT presentation...

It would have been nice and I would have loved to see the interaction with them all but I don't know why he didn't stick around.  Must have had a good reason so I'm just happy I saw him for 1 1/2 hours.  I seemed to me that some of the actors, during the Cast Reunion, were very tired.  I had the impression some of them would have preferred to be back stage with JF or anywhere else!  LOL

But they stuck it out and I think it was for all the new fans who wanted to see and talk with them.  David Selby looked like he was ready to fall asleep.  Before JF came on stage, David was performing for 1 1/2 hours and he had to be tired, after seeing that video of him bouncing around on the stage.  I got tired just from watching him.  ;)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 04:01:59 AM »
To identify each other, we can write "DS Forums Member" (in easy-to-read print) on our walkers

[ghost_cheesy]  But one would hope that walkers are at least a few decades off.  [ghost_happy]

Some of us have started with black quad canes. I wish they would make one with
a wolfshead handle. :))
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 04:12:56 AM »
I worked the Jonathan Frid table where he was selling items as a "silent auction".  These items were all collected by JF over the years.  There was 2 sets of DS comic books; Playbills [not sure if I have that name right] from different NY shows he attended over the years, framed photos and posters.  At the end, he would autograph every auctioned item. Also for sale was the DVD Frid Evil.  I don't know who bought the auctioned items or how much each ended up paying.

Looked like most of the DVD's and other things sold. When I went by the table on
Sunday there was not a lot of them left. I can check and see if more are for sale.

Jonathans Items were priced so that anyone could probobly by them. They were
not expensive.  Many people came by and said that they were going to do the
ebay trick at the last minute.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2008, 08:04:07 AM »
Re Frid:  When you hit 80, you get to do whatever the hell you want, that's my position.   In fact I'm counting on it.  I intend to rule the world when I'm 80, by guilting humans everywhere to do my bidding.   Oops, sarcasm... I really do mean that JF should get a pass for things people think that maybe he shouldn't do.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 03:51:53 AM »
Lori or anyone else, do you know what the comics finally went for?  I know on Saturday, bids were already over $100.  Those were very popular.