Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0814  (Read 968 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0814
« on: July 02, 2009, 06:49:36 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0814
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 02:19:23 AM »
Petofi reappears in the lair.  Barnabas has somehow learned that if Petofi dies so will Jamison.  How he came to this conclusion when so many other simple things elude him perhaps one will never know.   I think Aristede's make up artist has gotten to Quentin.   
David Hensey opened his eyes and looked off camera then went back into the coma.  The hand gained a lot of weight,
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Count Petofi's hand was restored!
2. Quentin told Jamison that he was the only one he ever loved.

It was funny when Aristede said, "What will I do without Victor? I'll have to think for myself!" Aww... Poor Aristede! NOT! [lghy]

David Hensey opened his eyes and looked off camera then went back into the coma.
I noticed that, too. [ghost_wink]

This was an exciting episode! [shkdg] Quentin stayed with Jamison while Barnabas was with Aristede, with Count Petofi in the next room.

It was very poignant when Quentin showed how much he loved Jamison. Quentin was willing Jamison to live. Yes, indeed, Quentin would have been a great father to his son. Too bad he never got that chance. [cryg]

It was quite comical to watch Aristede and Barnabas while they were waiting for Count Petofi to recover. Aristede was nonchalantly drinking tea and playing cards.  [ghost_wink] Barnabas was a nervous wreck - pacing, worried, and very impatient.  [ghost_undecided] Aristede was very matter-of-fact when he said there was nothing else to do but wait.

I love Count Petofi's laugh!  [ghost_cheesy] Very hearty - and dramatic, too. That hand sure looked strange on Count Petofi's wrist!

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 07:08:13 PM »
The Program Guide lists a Thayer David voiceover, but it's most definitely David Selby's voice.

Jamison/Petofi might have been slightly better off while departing Collinwood had he not taken the time and energy to rewrap the box with the hand.

Petofi lies in suspended animation, yet he couldn't seem to decide if his left hand should be on his chest or at his side; it not only changes from scene to scene, but we see him trying to make up his mind.  But what's really amusing is that one of these scenes begins with his ungloved right hand on top of his chest even though it's supposedly still in the box.  Oops.  A mysterious shadow can also be seen ducking out of sight in one of the scenes.

I think Aristede's make up artist has gotten to Quentin.

lol  Was it Revlon, Max Factor, or Sherwin Williams?

The hand gained a lot of weight,

And got a manicure.

I think the clue for Barnabas that Jamison will die when Petofi dies are the boy's physical symptoms.  The possessed Jamison tells Barnabas that he (Petofi) is dying, yet instead of Petofi's spirit losing its hold, the boy's body continues to grow weaker.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 12:06:18 AM »
It was surprising to see Barnabas get something right for once.  I remember all those weeks when he and Julia couldn't grasp the connection between him and Adam ("Julia...Julia..."), but today he figured out the connection between Petofi and Jamison in the wink of an eye.

Jamison's life was dependent on Petofi's, and David's life is dependent on Quentin's.  It's a pity that Barnabas couldn't go back to 1797 - to the time when Petofi's hand was cut off - and find another vital connection to add to the pile.  Granted, Petofi's hand was cut off in the Forest of Ozhdun (out come the fake trees and the green mat) but I'm sure the writers could have managed to make it all contingent on something that happened at Collinwood.

Aristede mentioned that the hand had touched the Sphinx.  Was that when it acquired its power?  And why do I keep wondering what part of the Sphinx the hand touched?

It was very poignant when Quentin showed how much he loved Jamison. Quentin was willing Jamison to live. Yes, indeed, Quentin would have been a great father to his son.
I don't think we can assume that Quentin would have been a good father.  Quentin's too easily distracted.  And anyway, even though Quentin loved Jamison (it's interesting, by the way, that he forgets about Beth, and even says that Jamison's the only one he ever cared about, let alone loved) he still put him through some nasty Satanic ceremonies.