Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1144  (Read 1247 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1144
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:58:16 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1144
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »
Why'd Julia go to the coffin at night?   What was the point?   Go the next day!   And does the new mistress of the Old House really want to create a plague of vampires in the area, where she expects to enjoy her blissfully happy wedded life?

I guess Mr. Dawson likes Collinwood..... that's some intense, coveting look he gives his surroundings, when he walks in!

"Gerard" talks just like quoteless Gerard.   I guess Judah has absorbed Stiles' personality into his own, making it a subordinate entity Judah can use to whatever extent he does or doesn't want to.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
Why'd Julia go to the coffin at night?   What was the point?   Go the next day!   And does the new mistress of the Old House really want to create a plague of vampires in the area, where she expects to enjoy her blissfully happy wedded life?
Julia couldn't take the chance that Roxanne would move her coffin.  And as for the plague of vampires, Angelique has control over Roxanne (which is surprising, but that's another subject) and can therefore destroy her anytime she wants, so she could probably do the same thing with Julia once Julia becomes a vampire.

Are we supposed to be horrified by the thought of Judah/Gerard destroying Angelique?  I suppose the idea is that if Angelique is destroyed then there's nothing to keep Julia becoming a vampire.  But, much as I love Julia, I'd say the vampire fate for her is a reasonable price to pay for the joy of finally getting rid of Angelique.  And I like the thought of Julia becoming a vampire and living through the next 130 years until she finally reaches her home time.  Or would she do the right thing and give herself devampirization injections?  I don't know, because strange things happen to one's personality when one becomes a vampire.

This was a very busy episode, with people dashing in and out of the drawing room/foyer area.  Very tiring to keep track.  And golly, if they're going to start using horoscopes here, there, and everywhere, then for the first time in my life I'll be glad that Dark Shadows got canceled.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:29:02 PM »
This was a very busy episode, with people dashing in and out of the drawing room/foyer area.  Very tiring to keep track. 

OMG! I was thinking the same thing. Difficult to keep up with all that's going on.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:06:46 PM »
Poor Julia! I'll bet she wishes she could dash in and out of the foyer instead of being Roxanne's victim. (BTW, Roxanne's feral beauty is stunning.) And no doubt she's remembering how parallel Angelique nearly killed her in parallel 1970.

Some episodes do seem to be more action packed than others, don't they? I suppose it depended on which day of the week they were aired, with Fridays and Mondays being busier than the mid-week days.