Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1143  (Read 1034 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1143
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1143
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 03:50:47 PM »
Poor Barn! He knows that staking Roxanne will give her peace, yet he can't bear the thought of it.

Whatever her faults, Samantha proves she is a loyal sister by refusing to let Trask give the eulogy at Roxanne's funeral.

Fabulous scene with Angelique/Valerie/Miranda versus Julia. Kudos to both ladies!

And special kudos to Donna Wandrey, who allowed Makeup to transform her into a vampire of unearthly beauty! (At least she isn't stuck wearing that hideous orange disaster.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:21:18 PM »
Thorndyke and Hanley are mentioned as the Collins family lawyers.  I liked that.   Ang outs Julia as a time traveler.   Angelique has lived almost 200 years already yet is taken aback by hearing she's alive in the future, in 1968.   She was in 1968 because she decided to go there.  Couldn't she do it "now" too if she wanted? 

Angelique's history is such a mess.   I wish the writers had kept on consulting the fans hanging out in the alley outside ABC Studios, for continuity tips.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:15:24 PM »
One of the strange things about 1840 is that we never see the father of Samantha, Roxanne, and Randall.  Mr. Drew had strongly supported Lamar Trask's desire to marry Roxanne, and I imagine that when the funeral was arranged, it was have pleased him to have Trask deliver the eulogy, but Samantha vetoed it, and that was that.

I was surprised to see that Julia left her 1970 clothes so easily found after the Gerard confronted her with the earring - and surely she had heard all about how Vicky's 1967 clothes turned out to be a problem in 1795.  But I guess she had confidence in her ability to face down any problems that might arise.

Why did Roxanne get put in a crypt instead of being buried?

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
Julia seemed so calm in regards to Angelique's threat. She needs to focus on figuring out how to protect herself from the witch.

These close-ups kill me. I'd rather see all of the actor's faces rather than an extreme close-up shot of their eyes and noses.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »
These close-ups kill me.
Me too!  When somebody is talking, I want to be able to see his mouth moving!