Author Topic: Episode 330  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Episode 330
« on: September 29, 2005, 09:57:55 PM »
Special thanks to MB today for the gorgeous shot of Julia in one of the prettiest bits of clothing she was ever allowed to wear on DS!  I still wonder whether Grayson just walked off the set wearing that coat, though tweed really was not the Divine One's style (there was a chic leather coat she did favor when was adopting what she fondly liked to call her "Bulgarian peasant widow" look--head scarf and huge insectoid dark glasses).

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 330
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 01:39:49 AM »
you're so right gothick...i remember being particularly delighted by that lush salt and pepper tweed dr.hoffman wore in this episode.i don't recall ever seeing it before this episode or after so i wonder if it was ms. hall's own?

i didn't think this merrited it's own thread but another of today's episodes(no.69)featured some high points as well.i remember mrs.johnson going on about believing in signs and omens and giving a really overwrought but awsome performance here. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 03:43:44 PM »
mscbryk (I know it's none of my business, but is your handle some sort of acronym?), I absolutely agree about Clarice's fab performance in episode 69!  And that's a great snap of her with Burke on the front of the site today.

Like Roger, it's really sad about how watered-down Mrs J's character became in the later years.  I can see the original Mrs J giving the ghost of Quentin Collins a good salty piece of her mind if he had tried to pull the tricks on her that he did in those 1969 episodes!

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 10:03:57 PM »
So that people will still have a frame of reference to understand the discussion in this topic, here is a copy of the screen capture from Ep #330:

and the one from Ep #69:

Personally I love that scene with Mrs. Johnson. Though I suppose that's probably obvious considering that I picked a screen capture from it to use in the September 29th's slide show.  ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 10:46:06 PM »
I swear, I look at that picture of Clarice, and all I hear is "I'll GET you, my pretty--and your little DOG, too!"

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 11:13:27 PM »
Steve...my first reaction was, "Put 'em up! Get your dukes up!!"  Have a good weekend!
Thanks for asking about mscbryk's name...
Thanks for the re-caps MB

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 12:16:39 AM »
you guys waited all this time to ask?

yes my handle is an acronym.it's my initials and i live in brooklyn n.y..
i just sort of came up with it spontaneously when i was registering and here we are.i'm not even really sure how it's pronounced but i guess it's my d.s. identity. ::)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 12:18:45 AM »
I imagine acting "angry" wasn't much of a stretch that day.  If I had to perform wearing THAT hat on top of THAT wig, I'd be looking for someone to beat the hell out of myself!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 01:24:48 AM »
Rainey love, your comments re poor Clarice's wig and hat would have me hooting at the rafters, had I been raised with less stringent a degree of protestant self-control...

mscbryk I am afraid I mentally pronounce your name "Ms. Seabrook."  It took me a really long time to notice your profile pegs you as a boy... not that it really matters out here in the wastes of cyberia...

G.

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 02:06:01 AM »
I hadn't noticed that you were male mscbryk., until Gothick mentioned it. I don't know why I was always thinking you were female. How unobservant of me. This will give your posts a completely different feel now. Maybe it would be pronounced Miz' cee-brick?

Misa

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 02:08:37 AM »
You know, I think it would have been fun to have seen a romance for Mrs. Johnson. Who would you like to have seen her get involved with? I think Roger would have been cool.

Misa

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 02:26:32 AM »
oh my god!

i'm having a major gender identity crisis!

has everyone been going under the assumption that i'm a girl?let's take a look.

my avatar is of a girl.i spend alot of time going on about the fashions and hairdos from the show.i often comment on how cute characters like joe haskell are.i wonder how anyone got that impression? ;)

but yes,i am a boy.i assume that the mods know this fact.i don't know if i want to laugh or cry over this. ::)

b.t.w. i guess when i pronounce my handle to myself it's "mice-brooke".

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 02:48:25 AM »
yes,i am a boy.i assume that the mods know this fact.

Oh yes.  But even if I hadn't seen your email address from the start, I'd know from the symbol in your posts.  ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 03:24:02 AM »
I'd know from the symbol in your posts.

Exactly. Rest assured that we always knew you were male. And when it comes to the content of posts, often that means absolutely nothing, so it's very dangerous to assume anything. That's specifically why the writers of message board software offer users the option of indicating gender in posts.  [wink2]

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 07:56:56 AM »
I'd know from the symbol in your posts.

That's specifically why the writers of message board software offer users the option of indicating gender in posts.  [wink2]

That is no guarantee either that the person is male or female. 

Case in point... A girl from my community was expecting and the doctor's did all the test... Did them 3 times to be absolutely certain what the sex of the baby was going to be. Well the test they did kept revealing boy. We gave her a baby shower for a boy. Well a few weeks ago she gave birth to a 8 1/2 pound bouncing baby girl.

I mean it wasn't like they did one test... They did several and still got it wrong.

And when it comes to filling out forms. It is always possible to check the wrong box.

FireRose