Author Topic: HODS: Miss American Vampire Beauty Contest  (Read 229 times)

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
HODS: Miss American Vampire Beauty Contest
« on: March 11, 2023, 07:20:11 PM »
Ths may be a false heads up ... but there may be a Dark Shadows appearance of Sacheen Littlefeather on To Tell The Truth on Buzzr very shortly at 1:30 pm. Buzzr has been running Academy Award theme shows  this week and ran an episode of To Tell The Truth where they had to figure out the HODS vampire beauty contest winner Sacheen Littlefeather ( who apparantly was replaced later on.) Buzzr ran the episode a couple days ago and only lucked out in catching it. Their online schedule stinks for detail but does say the next show is from 1970 , which would be the right time.  If it is the correct episode,  she is up first. They even do a little skit with the panelists.  Give it a look at 1:30 and see if I guessed right.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: HODS: Miss American Vampire Beauty Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 07:30:22 PM »
Yes...its the episode!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 07:39:35 PM »
And we know which woman it is. And they even mentioned hods!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 07:54:16 PM »
That skit had every vampire cliche imaginable, plus a few other horror cliches thrown in for good measure. But I suppose that was the point.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 08:40:17 PM »
There was a lot stuff on this that was new to me. First, had never seen the episode before...had Pierson ever played it at a festival? Then I didn't know what the Academy Award connection was until I remembered Sacheen accepted the oscar for Marlan Brando a couple years later. Then her being asked where she lived and she said Alcatraz Island. I had to refresh myself there was an Indian occupation protest back then. Finally, I was really only up on Christine Domaniecki winning the contest and the one day walk on role. Never knew she was the runner up and Sacheen actually won. Perhaps they didnt vet her and discovered she was too political and just in it for publicity for her cause when MGM only wanted publicity for the movie and was replaced. Also, the winner was supposed to have a weeks role when in fact only a one day walk on role occurred. Sacheen certainly had the look ...all the panelists except Bill Cullen selected her.  Plus, in the intro, they said she painted her tongue red, when asked each contestant had a different answer. One said cherry cough drops (which Cullen scoffed at) , one said Kool Aid and Sacheen said used teeth whitener. Eeesh, that musta smarted.lol.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 11:34:00 PM »
I didn't know what the Academy Award connection was until I remembered Sacheen accepted the oscar for Marlan Brando a couple years later.

Speaking of which, 'tis that time of year and this article -

13 Wild Moments From Oscars History
The slap isn’t the only shocking moment from Hollywood’s biggest night.

- highlights that with actual video of the incident. Scroll down to the third section...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 06:44:58 AM »
To answer the question posed by the article, her passing wasn't acknowledged in the televised "In Memoriam", but she's included in the full list as an actress and activist.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 07:03:49 AM »
Speaking of the "In Memoriam," Saturday Night Live did a red carpet show, and one feature was a couple of oddsmakers on the probabilities of various occurrences.  One was, I think 10 - 1, that someone in the "In Memoriam" would still be living.  I see that actually IS one of the things in that article!
Josette