Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0063  (Read 900 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0063
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0063
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »
Man, oh man, is Carolyn ever so blind about Burke. She won't even entertain the notion that he just MIGHT be lying to her and IS out to get her family.

Kind of strange and funny to see Maggie sitting down at the same table with Joe and Carolyn when we know [spoiler] Maggie will soon replace Carolyn in Joe's affections. [/spoiler]

Poor Maggie wants to believe her pop is innocent yet she can't seem to dismiss the possibity that Burke might just be telling the truth so she goes up to Collinwood. Does Maggie really want the truth, or merely want to be reassured that Burke's accusations are a bunch of hooey? If it's the latter she got her wish...Elizabeth tells her out and out that Burke is a vicious liar with an unjustified chip on his shoulder.

I wish I had a servant as loyal as Matthew who'd be willing to stand up to anyone who would give me grief.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:45:14 PM »
Hmm… Very interesting that Maggie got all dolled up to drop in on Collinwood. Where IS Sam, anyway?

I wonder if Carolyn will get on the phone and try to warn Burke about Matthew?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »
Liz turns off the grandfather's [spoiler](Josette's)[/spoiler] clock's tick-tocking by glaring at it!

What Burke just did to Sam is what Maggie is now doing at Collinwood, trying to force the issue, so she really can't complain...  Nice moment when dressed-up Maggie pauses to take in Collinwood, which she's heard about all her life.

[spoiler]Burke, the next problem Matthew's going to "fix"!   His theory is that there's a threshhold where the killings start reducing suspicions, not arousing them...[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 12:32:56 AM »
I liked it that Maggie got all dressed up to go to Collinwood to confront Roger--it was like she was in full battle dress. And she was equally formal with Elizabeth. I was surprised that neither Joe nor Carolyn commented on her appearance when she stopped by the Blue Whale. My notes indicate that the hem of her skirt looked as if it had been taken up several inches.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 12:56:08 PM »
What's to the left of the front door of Collinwood as you go in?  Later on in the series, the study is in that direction, but at the moment, the study is closer to the kitchen.  Is there a ballroom to the left?  I keep wanting to see a ballroom at either Collinwood or the Old House.

There was an opportunity for a great coming-together of Elizabeth and Maggie - sister and daughter of the two men whom Burke has accused of framing him.  But Elizabeth made of stern stuff, and she knows better than to strengthen the connection between the Collinses and the Evanses.

I'm so glad that Joe and Carolyn got through one evening at the Blue Whale without Burke coming in and spoiling everything.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 06:23:18 PM »
Joe and Carolyn actually dance together.
Maggie looks around the foyer of Collinwood and gives a slight smile, as if, she is planning one day to live there or maybe the actress herself was making plans.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times