Author Topic: Jonathan Frid joins dsboards.com  (Read 5413 times)

IluvBarnabas

Re: Jonathan Frid joins dsboards.com
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 12:33:17 AM »
Hello, Jonathan! I checked out your website and I loved it!

You were and still are my favorite actor on DS.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 09:19:13 PM »
Just visited. Can't wait for the next update. Still looking good.

Take Care,
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 05:03:42 AM »
Somehow, I knew, when I saw in the Key Stats box at the top of the page, that there was a new member simply named "jf" that it was the real deal.

Welcome. Lollygag for a bit.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline acejito

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
Hello Mr. Frid:  [ghost_grin]  Nice to see you here.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 03:22:50 AM »
Somehow, I knew, when I saw in the Key Stats box at the top of the page, that there was a new member simply named "jf" that it was the real deal.

How do you know?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 06:53:23 AM »
And it's said the days of miracles no longer exist!  Here is a perfect example of how false that is . . . . [ghost_wink]

Nancy

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 07:12:55 AM »
Sorry, I'm so late in joining in on this, but I've got to admit that I was skeptical.  I figured anyone could sign on and claim to be anyone.  However, now that Nancy has chimed in, I have to assume it's for real!!

WOW!!!

A very big

WELCOME!!!!!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 07:15:30 AM »
Given the fact that this forum was primarily created to give DS fans a safe place to discuss the show we love without interference from trolls, impostors and whatnot and that we take that safety very seriously, Midnite and I felt confident that people would know that if we discovered or even suspected that there was the slightest possibility that jf's account was not legit, it would have been instantly muted and then removed entirely - that is if it had even somehow gotten past the initial vetting process that all potential members go through before their accounts are approved (many registrations are never approved for the simple fact that they can't be verified (in which case people are often politely asked to please reregister using verifiable info)). For obvious reasons, the jf account went through an even more intense level of vetting. So, the fact that jf has been active for almost a week already should have indicated to all that the account is legit - which is why neither Midnite nor I had felt the need to come forward to state as much publicly.  :)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
It is the real deal.  However, I would direct comments about his website to the visitor's corner of JF's website where he will be sure to read it.  It's great that he wants to promote his website himself and it's definitely worth visiting.  There's a little bit of Josette action going on there right now . . . [ghost_rolleyes]

Nancy

How do you know?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »

How do you know?

Maybe Brandon is psychic.  [ghost_wink]  Or maybe he just trusts us.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 07:27:47 AM »
Given the fact that this forum was primarily created to give DS fans a safe place to discuss the show we love without interference from trolls, impostors and whatnot and that we take that safety very seriously, Midnite and I felt confident that people would know that if we discovered or even suspected that there was the slightest possibility that jf's account was not legit, it would have been instantly muted and then removed entirely - that is if it had even somehow gotten past the initial vetting process that all potential members go through before their accounts are approved (many registrations are never approved for the simple fact that they can't be verified (in which case people are often politely asked to please reregister using verifiable info)). For obvious reasons, the jf account went through an even more intense level of vetting. So, the fact that jf has been active for almost a week already should have indicated to all that the account is legit - which is why neither Midnite nor I had felt the need to come forward to state as much publicly.  :)

MB, I was sure you would check it out, but I figured if someone said "such and such" is my name, how could you know for sure.  So, when neither of you nor Nancy said anything, I still wasn't sure.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 07:47:01 AM »
I figured if someone said "such and such" is my name, how could you know for sure

Oh, we have our ways. But explaining how would not only be telling, it would be revealing some of the behind the scenes methods that are best kept, well, behind the scenes.  [ghost_wink]  And as I said, if we have our doubts, then a registration is simply not approved and a request is made to please register again with verifiable info.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 08:16:17 AM »
MB, I was sure you would check it out, but I figured if someone said "such and such" is my name, how could you know for sure.  So, when neither of you nor Nancy said anything, I still wasn't sure.

Me too. No offense intended, M and MB.

Long Live Jonathan Frid!!!
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »
I'm very glad Mr. Frid came by a second time, but he probably has his hands full with his own site and wanted more people to know about it.    When Marie Wallace joined and made just one post, I hoped for more but I understood, I think.

MB and Midnite-- For what it's worth, if it helps, I did trust you to have done some cyber-thing I would know nothing about, to make sure there are no frauds.    I'm not criticizing those who weren't sure.   

I'm guessing midnight abductions and DNA screening, am I right?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
I'm guessing midnight abductions and DNA screening, am I right?
They practically invented extraordinary rendition.  [ghost_tongue2]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)