Author Topic: DS & Innovation Comics.  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DS & Innovation Comics.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »
Beyond the fact that the illustrations in the Gold Key comic series were simply ghastly, one thing that irked me was that Barnabas (or the thing drawn to look like Barnabas) virtually ALWAYS wore his cape-coat.  He never took it off.  Day or night, it was on.  Whatever season, it was on.  If he was having tea at Collinwood with Liz (who looked like Madam from Waylan and Madam after a nose job), it was on.  When he slept in his coffin (if he was a vampire in a particular story), it was on.  When he travelled in time to no matter what century, it was on.  I recall only a couple panels where he didn't have that thing on in almost the entire collection I had purchased.  For cryin' out loud what was he, a nun who couldn't take off her habit?

Gerard

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
When the news came out about the new Innovation DS series on the Comics Buyers Guide, it mentioned
about the old Gold Key DS comic books where it said that Barnabas had his own power of time travel. I
considered that more like science fiction than gothic horror.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
Funny,  I consider that more like fantasy than science-fiction, but I know what you mean.   

Spoiler:

Barnabas did "will" himself back to 1796, though.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 12:37:00 AM »
Funny,  I consider that more like fantasy than science-fiction, but I know what you mean.   

Spoiler:

Barnabas did "will" himself back to 1796, though.   
Spoiler:
You're right. Barnabas did willed himself back to 1796 with the help of the ghost of Peter Bradford.
But I don't know if it was the same on the Gold Key DS comics.