Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0444  (Read 858 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0444
« on: December 06, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0444
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:37:37 AM »
Millicent's declaration at the end of this episode that she could not bear never to see Nathan again was very touching.  It made me wonder: Why? Somehow Millicent seemed to have unsuspected depth and intelligence and sanity when she made that declaration - and I just don't think she really does.  I had been thinking earlier, when she was talking with Naomi in the foyer, that the whole situation was quite a difficult one for somebody as incompetent as Millicent.  "Barnabas is dead, no he's not dead, and he has attempted murder, no, he really is dead and there are witnesses to the fact."  "Nathan is a wonderful catch as a husband, no, he's a scoundrel, no, he's a white knight."  Millicent's world is spinning a little too fast.  Maybe that's why she can't bear to lose Nathan: he's so sure of himself, and she can hang onto him when things start flying out of her control.  Poor thing.  Nathan clearly has no love for her, and no pity for her helplessness.

Nice job by Joel Crothers in the scene between Nathan and Noah Gifford. Nathan seemed genuinely irritated with Noah.  It caused me to have uncharitable speculations, which no doubt were completely untrue.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:39:28 PM »
Nathan is really playing the repentant suitor to the hilt! One can almost believe his sincerity, if it wasn't for the other side of his character we the viewers get to see. Actually this whole scheme is quite clever, I can almost admire him for it, even though I think he's a low-down scoundrel.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
I loved watching Nathan manipulate his way back into Millicent's heart. He is quite the scoundrel.  [santa_wink] Isn't it usually the way that the best scoundrels are the ones who are the best looking? Nathan looks so handsome in his uniform with that gorgeous hair and smile to die for. [luv] It's too bad all he wants Millicent for is her money.  [santa_azn]

Actually, part of me hates Nathan for being so manipulative and two-faced. I hate men like that in real life.  [santa_angry]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »
the best scoundrels are the ones who are the best looking?

They're just the ones who get away with it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor