Author Topic: Graduation Day  (Read 3757 times)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Graduation Day
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2002, 09:26:01 AM »
More pictures can be seen at http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/San_Pedro_HS/grad02i.html

I appear at the top of page 5 and page 9 (here with my parents and our esteemed moderator.)

By the way, did I mention that our class name was "The Dreamers?"  ;)

ProfStokes

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2002, 11:46:44 AM »
Hi Prof.Stokes, I just finished viewing your graduation photo's and I must say that they are all so beautiful!! It was so nice to see you up there while you were saying your graduation speech. I almost felt like I was there in person now!  And what a lovely picture of you, your parents & Midnite! How happy you all looked! Thank you Prof. for sharing these happy & precious photo's with us!! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2002, 10:17:32 PM »

Hey, at least the Mayor didn't turn into a giant snake and do the ascension thing.

Or did he...? :)

Even scarier than that, scout75.  Our Mayor, not known for being cool, quoted lyrics from Jimmy Eat World and Moby songs, EEEEEEEEK!

I called him his father's name, LOL.  Thank you for not calling me on it, Bette.  :)  It's Mayor James K. Hahn; Kenneth Hahn attended my college and nursing school graduations, so I guess I had a flashback when I wrote the post.  ;)

Thanks for the link to the grad photos!

ProfStokes and Midnite

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2002, 10:23:58 PM »
Congratulations ProfStokes!  All the best in all your future endeavors.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
::)Re: Graduation Day
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2002, 10:39:38 PM »

I just finished checking out all the graduation photos, very nice! Next best thing to being there. It prompted me to dig through a trunk and pull out my now yellowed with age, graduation yearbook, newspaper photo, and school newspaper which were stuck in there from 1982, and look at them once again. ProfStokes, at least you have a class name that you will remember 20 years from now and know what it means. My class name was Mahealanes, don't have a clue as to what it means!  ::)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2002, 11:34:09 PM »
ProfStokes - you are 2 COOL FOR SCHOOL! :D

Why didn't I ever know anyone as cool as you when I was in high school?

Is there any chance you could post the text of your speech here in this forum, or would it be too long? I would love to read it in its entirety. How midnite kept from cracking up I'll never know - people must have been wondering what was up with her! What a great inside joke - and all the parallels you used were so appropriate too!

Congratulations on your graduation and best of luck in your continued success. Yes, your journey is only just beginning . . . :)

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2002, 03:29:58 AM »

Even scarier than that, scout75.  Our Mayor, not known for being cool, quoted lyrics from Jimmy Eat World and Moby songs, EEEEEEEEK!

Grrr! Augh! ;D

BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2002, 09:12:44 AM »
congrats to you prof, your very bright and have good taste in tv ;D...just wanted to let you know, i am a product of the LAUSD to a certain extent, first grade was bonita st. school (just off avalon) 2-6 was dolores st. school.....(just off of main) 7 thru 8and a half, carnegie....but then we moved to pennsylvania...was all set to be a Carson Colt(we still whomping San Pedro in football  ;)??...but, in pa. i first started watching ds regularly so i guess was some good in it ;D...and just wanted to say WTG!!! and thanks to midnite for the pics.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2002, 08:38:20 PM »
[hello] I would like to add my congrats to all the others Professor! Thanks also to you and Midnite for the posting the photos (and links to others).  I've enjoyed reading your posts on the board - you write so well I would have guessed that you were much older than you are [jawdrp]!  I would love to read your speech in its entirety - email it to me via the board or to castlebees@hotmail.com - if you have a chance.  Have a great summer [sun] ! ~ CastleBee
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2002, 02:24:00 AM »
Our Mayor, not known for being cool, quoted
Moby songs,

Thanks for the link to the grad photos!

Moby Grape??????? 8)  That would make him a 'Truly Fine Citizen' [smokn]  Now that's deeper than Paladin!

and Home of the IRATES?  maybe a little unhappy, but... ::)
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!