Author Topic: The May 1st Episodes  (Read 671 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The May 1st Episodes
« on: May 02, 2006, 12:00:45 AM »
I never realized until today that Willie first moves into the Old House with Barnabas on May 1, 1967 - and he returns to the Old House after his release from Windcliff exactly one year later on May 1, 1968...

Also, I completely forgot that in Ep #220, just before Willie leaves Collinwood, he desperately tries to tell Liz something "important" but she absolutely refuses to listen to anything he might have to say. One can only presume that Willie wanted to somehow warn her about Barnabas in whatever way he was capable of doing so. Hmmm - so does this mean that because of Liz' refusal to listen, she could be accused of being at least partly to blame for everything Barnabas does?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: The May 1st Episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 01:44:01 AM »
No....we can't blame Liz for anything.  Even if she'd listened as patiently as a doting Grandmother, there was no way ANYONE would have believed Willie's fantastic Tale of the Vampire.

I"m sure you know how thrilled I am that we've come back around to these early images of Willie.....thank you, thank you, oh mysterious one..... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: The May 1st Episodes
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 02:25:18 PM »
Hmmm - so does this mean that because of Liz' refusal to listen, she could be accused of being at least partly to blame for everything Barnabas does?

Karlenfan once wrote an essay where she said that Liz was so clueless to what was REALLY going on at CW that Barnabas could have flown into the drawing room in bat form, transformed into himself and bared his fangs and she STILL wouldn't have known he was a vampire.  To her, he was simply "dear cousin Barnabas"!  LOL!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"