Author Topic: Thayer David's Three 1840 Roles  (Read 824 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thayer David's Three 1840 Roles
« on: November 24, 2003, 10:24:58 PM »
Someone recently said that the character of Ben Stokes was brought back for little apparent purpose at the beginning of 1840.  Although I disagree with that assessment, I just thought I'd point out the very practical reasons the writers may have had in killing off poor Ben Stokes early on -- Thayer David's return in two successive roles within the same storyline.

I wonder if any other actor did this on DS -- three different characters in one storyline!  And each one an individual creation -- Ben Stokes, Mordecai Grimes, and Professor T. Eliot Stokes.

Kudos to Thayer David!  And to those who plotted and casted the 1840 storyline!

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Thayer David's Three 1840 Roles
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 10:39:06 PM »
I wonder if any other actor did this on DS -- three different characters in one storyline!

Nope. RD and KLS had both played two characters in the same storyline (which was certainly a precedent setting feat at the time), but TD is the only DS actor to ever play three.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 02:35:48 AM »
And Grayson Hall played both J. Hoffmans in 1970PT (in the same scene...talk about precedents!!)

Patti

and...Harrie/Carrie and Tad/Daniel....oyevah

Happy Thanksgiving!
What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 01:18:58 PM »
And don't forget Grayson Hall playing Magda and Julia in 1897.

As for Thayer David, his playing three characters in one storyline shows what a wonderfully versatile actor he is.  He even looks totally different for each part.  It would've be fun to see him playing at least two in the same episode.  I remember TLATKLS did that during the 1897 storyline.  I think she was Lady Hampshire in most scenes (I don't think it was Rachel), but did one scene as Maggie when Count Petofi, in Quentin's body, momentarily found himself in 1969.  Come to think of it, didn't several do that during the 1897 story, when Jamison had that dream about being at David's birthday party when David was dying?

Gerard