Author Topic: Dark Shadows on Chiller  (Read 1659 times)

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows on Chiller
« on: May 03, 2009, 11:10:59 PM »
I read that Chiller has been airing DArk Shadows marthons from time to time. Ver few cable companies have Chiller and I have all the Episodes on DVD no rel need to get a dish sill i hope if they keep running DS Comcast adds Chiller one day.
Dan

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows on Chiller
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »
It may be the 1991 Series only
Dan

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »
Here's the other topic on this board:

'91 DS will air on Chiller Sunday 3/29

Unfortunately, it's not on their May schedule.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »
A friend of mine just told me a couple of days ago that she and her husband are now watching DS on Chiller.  I thought she said it was on regularly rather than a marathon...I could be wrong though.  Too bad more people don't have Chiller...sounds kind of interesting since I heard they were also running Beauty & the Beast for awhile - another little avenue I don't mind strolling down from time to time. [ghost_happy]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »
Hey, when I wrote my last post DS was not coming up in a schedule search, but now it does (and that's just rude)-- there was a marathon last weekend and it starts over again with Ep 1 on Sunday, June 14.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »
Cool beans!  Even though I don't get Chiller it's good to know the show is running somewhere.  Hopefully my friend and her hubby will get hooked and enjoy the show all over again.  I know at least he was an original fan.  Always good to have more of the old gang back in the fold!  [ghost_wink] 
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 11:02:47 PM »
Are we talking about the original show??? I just got off the hook with DirecTV and they assured me a connection to Chiller even though I am moving out in the woods.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »
Well, according to my friend - it sure sounds as though she's talking about the original.  I asked her where Chiller was episode-wise and she described the seance with Vicky and the governess from the past switching places.  I pointed to my calendar and said oh, there she is (photo of Alexandra) and she recognized her.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 03:05:40 AM »
Chiller has been airing the 12 episode 1991 mini-series.  They also ran HoDS and NoDS in the Fall.  Here is their schedule with Search engine:

http://www.chillertv.com/app/Schedule/

Rather than differentiating between Alexandra and Joanna Going, how about showing her photos of Frid and Cross?

David

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 02:52:27 PM »
Yup, it's the 91 version~~BADLY edited!
:(
David

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »
You know what is funny is I liked the 91 series when it first came out but after watching it a few times on Chiller I realize I don't really like it as much anymore. Nothing beats the original.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
Yes, I'm sure she'd see a bigger difference (Frid vs. Cross).  I guess true fans are the ones who pickup on the fine points.   [ghost_blink]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 08:29:08 AM »
The '91 series is airing on the Chiller channel in October and November.  Check their Schedule for dates and times.