Author Topic: Error while posting  (Read 886 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Error while posting
« on: May 11, 2004, 04:36:35 PM »
Last night I wrote a message and clicked "Post."  The screen went white except for a message at the top that said something like "Connection with MySQL lost."

I clicked "back" - my composed post was still there - so I tried to click "post" again and got the message that it was less than 120 seconds since my last post.  So, I went back to the topic and checked, and there was the post.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Error while posting
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 09:28:16 PM »
That's just going to happen from time to time. However, it can happen after you click on any button on the forum - not only the Post button - and your post may not have actually gone through when you check afterward.

You were smart to go back to your post with your browser's back button because that way, if the post hadn't gone through, you wouldn't have had to write it over again. Another smart thing to do is to bring up a second instance of your browser to check if your post went through rather than use the current instance. Normally, you'd still be able to navigate back to the posting page, but not always...

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Error while posting
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 01:42:55 AM »
Another smart thing to do is to bring up a second instance of your browser to check if your post went through rather than use the current instance. Normally, you'd still be able to navigate back to the posting page, but not always...

Um... ??? is this the same as opening an add'l window, then coming into dsboardsdotcom?

Duhly,

Patti
What a Woman!