Author Topic: Error  (Read 746 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Error
« on: June 01, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »
While trying to upload a pic of the Vincent Price/Roger Corman set I received, I got the following message:

This webpage is not available
The webpage at http://www.dsboards.com/SMF/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=7 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

Now, I've never tried the below 'attachments and other options'; maybe I did something wrong...? (Although, it did seem like it was running, and the above was more of a 'time-out' type issue.)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Error
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
The "ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED" makes it seem like the system didn't recognize your image. What type of extention does it have (.jpg, .gif, .png, etc.)?

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »
jpeg image (I just clicked on it on my system before I answered).
It's my current avatar.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »
JPEG should have worked fine - I post JPEG attachments nearly every day on the Games boards. But I have noticed that from time to time that error will come up for no explainable reason. However, what I've also noticed is that if you try to post the attachment a second time, it will go through without a problem. Why? Who knows? Ours is not to figure out why the host server doesn't recognize a file at first but does a minute later.  [ghost_undecided]

A word of warning, though: if you've written a post to go along with the attachment (which seems likely), be sure to copy it before you try to post the attachment because, if the attachment doesn't get recognized at first, you'll lose the text of your post. That never used to happen in SMF 1, but it does in SMF 2.  [ghost_sad]