Author Topic: Episode 340 on Watching Project  (Read 850 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Episode 340 on Watching Project
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »
Did someone forget the Watching Project for Friday the 13th. Or is this a spell from Angelique or  Judah
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 340 on Watching Project
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:07:22 PM »
More like a spell from the evil morons at Microsoft because one of their weekly updates so screwed up my desktop computer that I can't even use it at this point. It had also screwed with my notebook, but I was finally able to rescue it. And along with all that, a lightening strike left me without Internet access until today.

But as you can tell by now, Midnite had created the topic in my absence once she realized that I wasn't about to show up any time soon.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Microsoft?

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:50:16 PM »
Well you can always get a Mac. I love my Mini Mac. But I have said that before. Glad that you are back.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:43:26 PM »
I don't normally even use Windows - I use Linux. But I have both on both my desktop and notebook. But the update screwed up everything. Don't ask me how. But quite honestly I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to have figure out some way to do just that because they've actually been forced to admit that they've screwed up people's third party software (meaning software not created and marketed by Microsoft) just so people could no longer use it and would hopefully switch to the Microsoft alternative. And I wouldn't at all be surprised if some Mac people who might dual boot OS X and WinXP or Vista might have encountered the same problem - particularly when OS X is based in part on Linux...