Author Topic: Semi-OT but New Board Related  (Read 1102 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Semi-OT but New Board Related
« on: March 02, 2002, 01:54:11 AM »
I posted a photo for my "alter ego" but as usual Geocities let me down  >:( ! It showed up at work but later when I was showing this wonderful new board to my sister all we could see was a blank spot.  If anyone knows of a more reliable place I can store my photos please let me know.  Thanks! :D

CastleBee
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-OT but New Board Related
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2002, 02:34:27 AM »
I don't know what to tell you, CastleBee, because all of the free Web hosting services that I know of will only allow images that are hosted with them to display in a Web page that's also hosted with them. :( And I suppose we can't really blame them.

I'm assuming that the company you get your Internet access from doesn't offer you any Web space as part of their package because you probably wouldn't be storing your files at GeoCities if they did. :) Is that right?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 03:07:00 AM »
Wait a minute - I think I've found a solution for you!
Fortune City offers 100MB of space for free, and I just tested to see if images stored there will display here and they do. :D

Now, who knows how long that might last? But at least it's a place that will work for you now. [winkb]

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2002, 04:20:34 AM »
Thanks MB! That's reat news.  ;D

I have Comcast cable.  I'm embarrassed  :-[ to say that I haven't checked out the storage issue with them. Right now they're going through changes (from  home.com to comcast.net) and I can't even get my email to download! ::)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad