Author Topic: It's Dead  (Read 1104 times)

Connie

It's Dead
« on: December 09, 2002, 07:15:43 AM »
Jeez...it is like, sooooo dead on here.  If someone doesn't start some kind of interesting question or debate or something, I may be forced to post another installment of this morning's storyboard.
(Don't make me take steps).

I'll give you a topic:
Carl Collins - bisexual, or just real friendly.  Discuss.

[silly]

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: It's Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 03:30:34 PM »
Carl Collins - bisexual, or just real friendly.  Discuss.

Where's the damned storyboard, already?

--Mark

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 06:48:09 PM »
Here's my drift on our favorite goof-off, Carl.  While still a lad in high school, he attended the local house of learning so his family can keep on eye on him (possibly one or both of his parents were still alive) because he was such a trouble-maker.  Although his practical joking did not endear him to the teachers, he was rather popular among his fellow students, including the girls who got a kick out of him.  However, they didn't take him seriously, so he never managed to have a sweetheart, something which always caused him angst.

It was decided by either his parents or by Grandmamamama (if his parents were by now deceased) that he would go to college.  Edward went (Harvard).  Judith went to a "ladies' college", aka a "seminary", aka a "finishing school".  Quentin went, but was expelled after only one year.  Alas, for Carl, the same would befall him.  He just couldn't keep from playing those practical jokes.  Glue on the professor's chair.  Bustle raids on the near-by ladies' college.  Drawing "indecent" pictures on the chalk boards.  Sneaking the college mascot (a billy-goat) into the Dean's office where it promptly chewed up a stack of papers regarding donations from alumni.  Enough was enough of the rabble-rouser, and all the Collins' money in the world couldn't convince the board to keep him.  Frustrated Grandmamamama threatened to send him off to a college in Germany where the Kaiser would put him on the straight-and-narrow, but the prankster, in tears of fear, pleaded not to be shipped away.  He spent his time just hanging around Collinwood and Collinsport, using the allowance given to him to entertain friends (who only liked him for his money), but occasionally going off to Boston or New York to see what kinda trouble he could get in there.

Gerard

Connie

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 12:01:27 PM »
Gerard,

Well, I'd say I buy most of your assessment!  I have a bit of trouble though, picturing Carl even graduating from high school let alone attending college.  LOL
Then I wonder if Grandmamama wouldn't consider it a waste of money to even send him to college.
What I'd like to know is...why was Quentin expelled?  He seems a bit too slick to get caught at anything serious enough to cause expulsion.  It seems to me he would either just "get by" and graduate by the skin of his teeth, or drop out and not tell the family for a year or two (while he was whoring around Europe or something).  What d'ya think?

-CLC

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2002, 03:50:31 PM »
Hey, Connie, you're right - that makes far more sense.  While Quentin undoubtedly did things in college that would be right off even Carl's radar, he would be too slick to get expelled; he'd just schmooze his way through (maybe even hoping that he would do something so ultimate that not even he could weasle his way out of it, which he would consider a challenge).  Quentin would just get bored and take some "time off" - meaning just leave - and go create trouble elsewhere.

Gerard

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2002, 04:48:30 PM »
I figured he got expelled for taking off with Laura to Egypt.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2002, 05:14:28 PM »
I could see Quentin getting expelled.  There are some things it's hard to finesse your way out of - like getting caught in bed with the Dean's comely young wife!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.