Author Topic: MPI "DS Bloopers" Tape Question  (Read 956 times)

ClaudeNorth

MPI "DS Bloopers" Tape Question
« on: December 03, 2002, 09:06:14 AM »
Hey gang!

Having watched MPI's "Dark Shadows Bloopers" tape several times, I'm still puzzled by the first clip, which is the opening shot of an episode featuring the exterior of Collinwood accompanied by Nancy Barrett's voice-over narration.

My question to all of you is this:  does that clip contain a blooper?  Every time I watch it, I feel that I'm missing the joke, if there is one.

Regards,

John

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re: MPI "DS Bloopers" Tape Question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 09:59:05 AM »
i'll have to watch this again and let u know.  there may not be.  i'll also check my DS almanac which list the main bloopers.  but i always seem to find more.

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 11:12:44 AM »
Hey gang!

Having watched MPI's "Dark Shadows Bloopers" tape several times, I'm still puzzled by the first clip, which is the opening shot of an episode featuring the exterior of Collinwood accompanied by Nancy Barrett's voice-over narration.

My question to all of you is this:  does that clip contain a blooper?  Every time I watch it, I feel that I'm missing the joke, if there is one.

Hi John, Im not sure if this is the one you're referring to but if it's the one that shows the caretaker Mathew Morgan (Thayer David) standing right outside of Collinwood (right after the voice-over) then I think I know what you're talking about.  I could never figure this one out myself and no matter how many times I've seen the Blooper tape, I still can't catch the blooper in that scene.

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 11:14:28 AM »
Hi John, I'm guessing here, but I think the blooper is that the voice-over says something like, "The sun shines on Collinwood..." and the scene shows Collinwood draped in fog. Or the opposite - "A foggy morning at Collinwood..." and the scene shows that it's a clear and sunny morning.  I know there is a blooper like that but I'm not sure if it's the first one on the MPI tape.

dom

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 03:35:20 PM »
Yup, it has to do with the weather.  Again, I'm not sure which one (the voice-over saying that it's storming, and we see a Collinwood bathed in glorious sunlight, or that it's a nice day out there, and we see the typical fog-shrouded house), because I haven't watched the video in awhile.  But when you realize the blooper, it is funny, almost like an SNL skit.  Somebody in the crew obviously slipped the wrong slide in.

Gerard

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 05:29:15 PM »
Of course -- the sunshine thing hadn't occured to me.  I just figured the "who can tell what is real and what is not" line in the voice over was meant to segue into the boom mikes, camera intrusions and the like.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2002, 05:22:17 AM »
Hey gang,

Thanks for the replies!  I completely missed the weather reference.  I'll have to go back and watch it again.

Regards,

John