Author Topic: Thanksgiving Montage  (Read 2415 times)

Connie

Re: Thanksgiving Montage
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2002, 02:04:09 PM »
Actually.....since we have all this extra time on our hands....maybe we could prevail on you to do a montage of NON-DS work by our favorite people? Sounds delicious to me!

How do you capture the shots anyway? Is it with TIVO?

What is TIVO??  

I have a graphics card that will do video stream captures and stills.  I just hook up a VCR to the computer.

Wish I could do a montage of non-DS work by the actors, but I don't have any sort of collection.  Aside from Frid's Seizure and Karlen's Daughters of Darkness, all I have are Selby films.
(Not very well-rounded....am I!)

-CLC

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2002, 04:35:19 PM »
This was a great food montage, Connie!  They did more eating, or pretended to, at least, in the earlier eps of the show.  After that, I guess Curtis didn't want to spring for real food.  As it is, he probably stole that chicken leg with which Willie tortured Adam from somebody's lunch box that day!  

Thanks again for the belly laughs--but my coconut custard pie is sitting uneasily in my stomach after all that laughing!

Love, Robin

Offline Rhonda

• Junior Poster
  • Whattya call a redhead with an attitude? Normal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2002, 07:15:23 PM »

Great job!

Quentin loose as a goose? Hey, I'd be THANKFUL!  ;)

There's one food scene in DS that sticks out in my mind, and that's the one with Sandor eating soup. It is dripping from his moustache and I want to hand him a napkin. Bleah.  "Kiss me baby." "Uh... no thanks."

Rhonda

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

-Mae West

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2002, 11:08:19 PM »
does anyone remember the scene where Lieutenant Forbes brings a plate of food to the hidden out Vicki at the under construction Collinwood ??  she she makes the remark or something like "I am famished" and proceeds to maybe eat a crumb or 2 as they talk.  

There is a follow-up scene after he's taken the food to Vicki, hiding out at the unfinished new house, and we see her eating what appears to be a sandwich (or fake eating, as the case may be).

There are a few scenes in the very early b/w episodes set in the kitchen around breakfast time. There was also a dinner scene with Laura, Roger, David and Elizabeth.

Let's not forget Mrs. Johnson telling Maggie exactly how to make her sandwich at the coffee shop! And those dinner meetings between Burke, Carolyn, Vicki and Frank at the restaurant in Bangor.

It would seem that people stopped eating shortly after Barnabas arrived. Hmmmm . . . coincidence?

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2002, 02:44:20 AM »
And in the Daphne-Gerard haunting storyline, Maggie takes the children on a picnic in the woods. However, although you see a canteen, I don't recall seeing any food.

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2002, 08:54:17 AM »

What is TIVO??  
It is a recording device that doesn't use tape, I forget what it DOES use. It is more of a computer, that was why I thought it might do that. It tracks what you like to watch and will record similar programs, if you tell it to. Supposed to be pretty nice, they are still rather pricy.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton