Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1042  (Read 882 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1042
« on: July 23, 2010, 12:01:40 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1042
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07:45 AM »
As Nancy Barrett talked about the "strange" world of parallel time in the voiceover, I thought: "Huh?  Strange?  And Leviathans, man-made men, and minions of Diabolos aren't strange?"

Maggie claimed the bureau, and in particular the top bureau drawer, as hers.  So why did Quentin open it in yesterday's episode?  It seemed clear that he wasn't looking for what he found.  And if the bureau is hers, then why had Quentin's things been on top of it?

The list of suspects expanded today, when we learned that Buffie was working at Collinwood at the time of the fatal séance.  Did we ever learn why she left?  Judging from the conversation Quentin had with her back when John Yaeger was knee-high to a grasshopper, I don't think she was fired.  If she murdered Angelique, it might have some bearing on why she felt an initial attraction to John Yaeger.  I can't exactly connect the dots (connecting the dots is never my forte), but that wouldn't mean the dots weren't there.

And Trask was hanging around, too?  I can't imagine a motive for him, but isn't that how it's supposed to work?  The murderer is the one you least suspect.  And anyway, he might be the butler and and we know it's always the butler who did it.  I can't remember hearing Trask being called the butler, but if he isn't the butler, who is?  What with Stokes being only Angelique's stepfather, maybe Trask is her real father.  Or else her son.  Or her stepson.

It must be sort of strange for Carolyn to be talking to a Hoffman that isn't Hoffman and who is actually willing to believe terrible things of Angelique.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:40:16 PM »
PT Carolyn is fetching.   She almost has no eyebrows, not that that's what lassos me in, but since I really don't know what it is about PT C, well, who knows?   Why'd she get a waking vision?  Who does that?  The dreams were getting to be a cheap stunt to move the plot forward, and I guess even they realized that having her just drop off in a chair for no reason other than to have a pivotal  dream about murder evidence would be too much, even for them, after PT Liz had recently dropped off in a chair to have a convenient murder-prevention dream.   Or maybe it makes no diff whether it's a waking or sleeping dream... That's right, it doesn't.  All lame.

PT Maggie approaches PT Room... we're watching from from behind where a wall should be.   This hall configuration makes perfect sense in RT though.  It's probably the RT hall again because there's been some interaction with RT lately.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 05:53:53 AM »
Why'd she get a waking vision?  Who does that?
Was it a waking vision, or was it that Carolyn was realizing she remembered more than she thought she did?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
As I listed below I think it is Carolyn remembering what happend?  Who knows at this point? [ghost_nowink]

Magnus I personally believe PT Carolyn looks different because of her makeup and hair! ;)  And yes Nancy is quite fetching in PT!

Written By: Joe Caldwell
Directed By: Henry Kaplan

As I have commented before I absolutely despise this Angelique as she appals me. I don't know why but for me she seems the evilest of all of them.  I think it's because at the end of the day the RT Angelique did love Barnabas and this Angie seems to have nothing but a black heart.

So Carolyn knows that Julia taken “Hoffman’s” place......I guess that happened off camera or am I forgetting something??
Were ascots the rage in the late sixties early seventies?

I have no idea because I wasn't born until 1977!  They definitely seem to be popular with the men on Dark Shadows even in this present day time.

“She’s enjoying one of her coy—moves!” Love how GH delivers that line.

Well it looks as if the off moved stairs are back and now a chair is sitting in front of them!  

OOH a storm is a brewing—never a good sign on DS!  I personally love storms but they never seem to bring any time travel to Parallel bands, vampires cousins, sexy werewolf's or vengeful witches into my life.  What a shame!  Sigh….

I think if DS had continued it would have been neat to see the Foyer and Drawing room given and overall eventually as they probably would have done that considering most soaps have as the years have gone on.  They burned down the hospital interior on General Hospital to give it a facelift.

LOL---Did GH open the door or did the stage hand?

Nancy looks quite pretty today and her hair is gorgeous.  I love the special effect used for Carolyn's remembrance!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/