Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0930  (Read 1393 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0930
« on: February 06, 2010, 12:51:58 AM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0930
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 01:22:39 AM »
1-16-70

I love the voiceovers as they truly lend themselves to the world of Dark Shadows. 
Damn that Snake Leviathan thing sounds scary!  UGH!  Again snakes disturb me! 

It's good to see Barnabas and Julia talking as friends again.  Barnabas we have been through so much together!”  Julia  AWW….that makes me Misty eyed.  I loved the fact that Grayson got to play the longing love card on DS as most know she was always cast as the heavy.  She plays vulnerable beautifully! 

GH looks really good in blue as most red heads do. 

The actors do very well playing against nothing.  It sort of reminds me of an early green screen.  I think actors who do green screen work or act against nothing are some of the best.

It's good to see the Inn Set again.

Contrary to Barnabas remarks I think that Julia would make an excellent detective. 

Megan has some sleeping pills.  I forget this was the 60’s/70’s when one could virtually go to the drug store and get anything.  My grandmother used to go get her mom pain pills without a prescription.  That baffles my mind.

There is stage hand behind the door that is visible.  So the Leviathan is invisible? 

Am I the only one who thinks that Dennis was a little OVER THE TOP in this role? 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
Please ignore my mistakes as the server froze up on me and I couldn't modify anything or preview. It was all very weird.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:29:16 AM »
Taeylor-- Periodically this site freezes for me, for about 25 minutes at a time.   also, there are non-prescription sleeping pills like diphenhydramine (Sominex).

Is the basement room in the shop where they store Stoddard the same room that Ang's coffin was in?  I think so.   Paul picks up chair... he should use it legs first as a lion tamer would.   I enjoy armed and dangerous Megan.   Oh well, I'm coming up dry this episode...

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 04:51:38 AM »
That is true about those type of sleeping pills but it's also true back in those days one could get a hold of stuff easier.  It's very well known (thanks to RJ's biography) that Grayson supplied herself with steroids for years without a doctor's prescription!  Just sayin'....

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 05:54:47 AM »
Taeylor-- Periodically this site freezes for me, for about 25 minutes at a time.

I suspect that might have to do with the fact that you're still using Win98 and an outdated browser. Unfortunately, at some point you might even lose access completely - and not just to this site, but to many...  [snow_sad]

As for the forum freezing up intermittently, that's normal for any site. If anything, we're lucky that the site normally responds as quickly as it does - and that's partly because we pay extra for a higher priority on our host's server...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 06:12:02 AM »
It doesn't do that to me often and thank you for paying for the highest quality! :)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 10:35:14 AM »
Is the basement room in the shop where they store Stoddard the same room that Ang's coffin was in?
It looked to me like the room in the basement at Collinwood where Jenny stayed for a while.  It didn't look to me like the room where Angelique's coffin was, but that doesn't mean anything.

I wondered why the monster didn't leave the room when Paul opened the door, and I also wondered why, having refrained from leaving the room, it didn't kill Paul.  The monster's a true Leviathan if ever there was one, but I don't suppose it would ever consent to obey the regulation against killing humans.  I decided that the monster did want to kill Paul, and stayed in the room because it couldn't bear to leave behind such a tempting morsel.  But then (I further decided) it was physically unable to attack Paul because Paul was a special One, designated to give Carolyn to the Leviathan cause and make everything legal.

What was the beginning of Julia's conversation with Barnabas today?  I don't think we saw it.  The last time we saw her with him, if I remember correctly, she all but accused him of planning to kill Amy.  And now she sees he's different.

Jonathan Frid's a gentleman.  When Barnabas got his coat and cane by the front door to Collinwood, he knocked something on the floor, and picked it up and put it back.  I think it must have been Carolyn's coat that she later put on.  It was nice of Frid not to leave it for somebody else to pick up - or was it that he felt it wouldn't be in character for Barnabas to leave Carolyn's coat on the floor?  Either way, Mrs. Johnson would be proud of him.

The monster apparently obeyed Barnabas in letting him take Paul out of the room, an indication that at this point Barnabas does have authority over it.  I could make a case that it gave Paul up because it had realized it couldn't kill him, and then went down to the basement because it just couldn't stay away, but I'm not sure I would believe myself.

If Julia is genetically unable to become one of the Leviathan followers, Megan must have a insanely intense genetic predisposition to become one.  I guess that's why she was chosen, and Philip was just taken along for the ride.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
Megan must have a insanely intense genetic predisposition to become one.

Ya think?  [snow_cheesy]

Actually saying it's insanely intense might even be putting it mildly.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 12:57:19 AM »
In the redo at the beginning, Paul left a messy pile of papers on the top of the desk for Megan to find, which he didn't do the last time.

The heavy breathing was bad enough, but it grunts and stinks too.  Ick.

Megan has some sleeping pills.  I forget this was the 60’s/70’s when one could virtually go to the drug store and get anything.

Since her ward just passed away, Megan probably would have had no problem finding a Collinsport doctor to prescribe them.  But who carries sleeping pills in their purse-- the kind that knock you out with one dose, anyway?

So the Leviathan is invisible?

I *think* they just didn't know how to show any part of the creature, so they simulated its descent down the stairs.

Paul picks up chair... he should use it legs first as a lion tamer would.

LOL  What happened to the gun that Paul hid in his robe at Collinwood?  Since he left the house knowing he would head to the antique shop, you'd think he would have brought it with him.

What was the beginning of Julia's conversation with Barnabas today?  I don't think we saw it.  The last time we saw her with him, if I remember correctly, she all but accused him of planning to kill Amy.  And now she sees he's different.

In the part we did see, Julia was being confrontational with him.  When she said Barnabas was different now than in the past, she wasn't referring to his recent change back to good guy; she was talking about the difference in him after he returned via the I-Ching.  That's why she told him that he used to have feelings and care for the people at Collinwood.  He has not yet let her in on what we already know-- that he has concern for his peeps again.

The monster apparently obeyed Barnabas in letting him take Paul out of the room, an indication that at this point Barnabas does have authority over it.  I could make a case that it gave Paul up because it had realized it couldn't kill him, and then went down to the basement because it just couldn't stay away, but I'm not sure I would believe myself.

I believe the creature wanted very much to terrorize and kill Paul.  And that it doesn't care about rules, what the book says, or that Paul is important.

It should have paid attention to that last one most of all because what it's about to do could prove very problematic for itself down the road.