Author Topic: Prop Project: Coffins, Consolidated  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Prop Project: Coffins, Consolidated
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »
There are also some photos of other coffins available on the forum - but I'm going to wait to see if others mention/post them before I do so myself.  :)
Yes, there are others, but a good, full view of a coffin turns out to be surprisingly hard to find.  So often the camera is paying more attention to the people than to the coffin.  Very strange.  But it will be easier to find good captures of coffins (and other things) now that we can see all the page numbers available in an area.

Here's a capture that I chose not to put into the initial post, of Abraham Howell's coffin in episode 819, because very little detail can be seen:

I had thought that it might be the same coffin as Tom's post-staking coffin in one of the captures above, but now I'm not so sure, given what petofi said.

And then there's a coffin of Barnabas's in 1897, in episode 815, which surely is the same coffin as Abraham Howell's, and definitely not the same as Tom's post-staking coffin.

let's not forget the coffin willie was making for maggie in 1967 that was supposed to make her "weep with joy" at the sight of. then there was the one that had vicki's name on it when barnabas decided she was fresh josette material.
Here are, first, Maggie's coffin in episode 251, and, second, Barnabas's coffin in episode 250 - or anyway, I think that the first one is Maggie's and the second one is Barnabas's.

I can't remember whereabouts would be found the episode in which we saw Barnabas designate a coffin for Vicky.

and there was angelique's in the blair basement during her stint as the undead.
I looked around for a capture of that, but in vain.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
How about the infamous Peter Bradford's coffin. Also the one for Quentin in 1897.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 02:58:59 PM »
What about Grandmama's?? Wasn't hers and Quentin's both metal. And was metal coffins in use in those days?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 02:38:21 AM »
http://www.casketinfo.com/casketinfo/History.htm

This is the best I could find on caskets

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:38 AM »
Some other caskets:

Laura's coffin in the crypt (1966)
Maggie coffin in the dream (1967)
Sam's Coffin in the Dream Curse (1968)
Other dream coffins...  probably Elizabeth's.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 06:19:26 AM »
I have a photo of the coffin that was displayed at the museum. If I recall correctly, I think it was actually one of the ones used in hoDS. And if I can locate the photo, I'll post it...

[6184]  I actually did come across this photo back on April 24th without even realizing it was the photo I was looking for. I suppose I was too, uh, fascinated by the Barnabas figure to even notice the coffin behind it. But while I was searching for DS mothers captures tonight, I came across the photo again and finally noticed the coffin. Well, better late than never I suppose.  [lghy]

And as anyone can see, that coffin most definitely doesn't resemble any of the coffins Barnabas used on the daytime DS or the one in hoDS. (It resembles them about as much as the Barnabas figure resembles Frid.  ::)) If anything, it *might* be the coffin Barnabas intended for Maggie in hoDS. But even that might be questionable...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
The lifesize coffin is very nice looking.  Was that miniature coffin ever sold in quantity?  I just remembered that Angelique once crafted a miniature coffin - in 1795, I think.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 02:52:53 AM »
Not to be too indelicate, but the box (doubled as a coffin) Jason Maguire was supposedly put into and buried in the cellar of Collinwood. In the room that only Elizabeth had the key for. I don't suppose that qualifies as a coffin. [ghost_undecided]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »
Miss Winthrop, I had thought about the big box (which I shall call Box B) in which David and Amy carried a certain set of old bones downstairs and out the door for burial, but I had decided I was too lazy to go see if I could find a capture of it.  Now you've got me wondering if Box B was the same as the box (which I shall call Box A) that you're talking about, though it wasn't that Jason McGuire was supposedly put into Box A, but rather that Jason McGuire supposedly put someone into it.  (It's a delicate distinction, but I suspect Jason would have appreciated it.)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
There is the fancy box for Roxanne in regular time. It had all the fancy symbols on it.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
Parallel time Angelique has a very nice coffin, shown in episode 999, wooden, no extra angles, with a smooth arched lid.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »
Ah yes exactly. Not Jason but Paul Stoddard.  Jason and Paul could've passed for twins  [ghost_tongue2].
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 01:29:28 AM »
I note with pleasure that, according to the calendar, today (May 20) is the Annual Used Coffin Sale, an event that deserves a mention in this topic.  It seems only right that the annual sale should take place at this time of year, when spring housecleaning will have turned up many coffins that no longer are of use, or that the owners have tired of.  I'm imagining the Collinsport folk spreading out their old coffins on the common (isn't it lucky that it never rains in Collinsport!) and people coming from miles around to see what there is this year.  The event is probably mentioned in all the Maine tourist guides.

I daresay that the weekend after next, having gotten rid of the moldy oldies, the families of Collinsport will put on their Sunday best and flock to the stores for the huge Memorial Day savings on the latest models, unless they've already cleaned out the factory outlet stores in Freeport.