Author Topic: Critics: Halloween display frighteningly appalling  (Read 631 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Critics: Halloween display frighteningly appalling
« on: October 15, 2005, 10:20:08 PM »
A portion of an article from the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Web site about Tom Godard's Halloween display:

Then Godard traveled south, converting a Kissimmee, Fla., gift shop into a combination museum and novelties store. There, the remains were shown alongside other oddities, including the coffin used by Barnabas Collins, the vampire character in the TV soap "Dark Shadows." Godard said he closed the museum shortly after it opened in 1998 because of his poor health.

However, didn't we once figure out that the coffin isn't actually the one used on the TV show but perhaps one that was used in hoDS? Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, someone posted a picture of the coffin back in the forum's VantageNet days, so I might have a copy of it around here somewhere...

But, for what it's worth, anyone who might want to read about Godard's entire collection (which definitely contains some weird items) can check out: Critics: Halloween display frighteningly appalling

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Critics: Halloween display frighteningly appalling
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 10:32:08 PM »
someone posted a picture of the coffin back in the forum's VantageNet days, so I might have a copy of it around here somewhere...

Found it:

I remember we theorized that perhaps it was Carolyn's coffin in hoDS (I don't think any of us ever bothered to actually compare it), but it's most definitely not a coffin that Barnabas ever used.  [hall2_undecided]