Author Topic: Who would have made an interesting love interest for Julia besides Barnabas?  (Read 12723 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
their sun rose and sat on Barnabas.

Now there's a novel idea for fan fic.  [wink2]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo  >:D
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
their sun rose and sat on Barnabas.

Now there's a novel idea for fan fic.  [wink2]

LOL a very short story!  ;)
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Personally, I think Willie would have been a good love interest for Barnabas.  I am in the minority, I think.

Nancy

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Personally, I think Willie would have been a good love interest for Barnabas.  I am in the minority, I think.

Yeah I guess so. Talk about a one sided relationship, yeah I guess it would be good for Barnabas but not good for Willie.

Alondra

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Willie and Barnabas came from such disparate backgrounds, I can't imagine them ever overcoming them.

A well-educated man wants a man he can talk to about the things that interest him.  What interests could Willie and Barnabas have shared?  It could also have been difficult to overcome the fact that Barnabas was wealthy, and Willie was not.  One man having to accept largess from another is not a comfortable way to live.  Even the age difference could be a problem.  If Willie wanted to pursue interests such as sports that Barnabas had no talent for or interest in, that would be another aspect of their lives that they could not share.  I've known several couples where there was a large age difference, and only one that succeeded.  But the elder one died and left the younger one lost and distraught, in the end, and I can't say I thought the whole arrangement worked well for either partner.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
are you kidding? A man wants a good looking  man with a nice round backside. . ooops I hang around Chelsea too much. .  :-*
Julia99

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Willie would have been no more than a squeeze toy for theoretically gay Barnabas, as Willie is not the brightest, most worldly of humans.    It all depends on whether he can take a licking and keep on ticking.

Back to Julia.   Possible significant others:  Diabolos.    Researchers yearn to know the mysteries of life, and the Devil or his lackey, whoever the f that guy in Hell's waiting room was, might know a few.    Plus he looked mucho cuddly to me. 

Ms. Findlay.    She looked an awful lot like Grayson, and what could be more flattering?     Who wouldn't make love to him/herself, given the chance?   Hands?    Am I alone here?

Gordon Russell, second coachman or whatever, in the last episode.    The sexual tension between him and Julia was hyperpalpable, don't you think, despite the fact that he lived almost a century before she was born, in another universe that you can't access, except by walking into some room in a mansion in Maine.    He's not fooling anyone.    He wants Julia.    He vwants to drive her in a coach where love dare not speak its name, or something.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Plus he looked mucho cuddly to me.

I've never seen Diabolos described that way - but leave it to you.  [wink2]  [lghy]

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Gordon Russell, second coachman or whatever, in the last episode.    The sexual tension between him and Julia was hyperpalpable, don't you think, despite the fact that he lived almost a century before she was born, in another universe that you can't access, except by walking into some room in a mansion in Maine.    He's not fooling anyone.    He wants Julia.    He vwants to drive her in a coach where love dare not speak its name, or something.

really?  I might have to recheck that episode. .  ;D  Hope Sam wasn't looking. .
Julia99

Offline JVjr

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
The only man i can think of that would have been good for Julia, was Dr. Woodard.  JVjr

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
The only man i can think of that would have been good for Julia, was Dr. Woodard.  JVjr

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Julia99

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Willie would have been no more than a squeeze toy for theoretically gay Barnabas, as Willie is not the brightest, most worldly of humans.
Perhaps but, perhaps Barn and Willie could do the whole Henry Higgins/Eliza Doolittle schick?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
Willie would have been no more than a squeeze toy for theoretically gay Barnabas, as Willie is not the brightest, most worldly of humans.
Perhaps but, perhaps Barn and Willie could do the whole Henry Higgins/Eliza Doolittle schick?

yes.   true.  i'd've like to seen dat...but he nevah gave me da time of day.   i would a been a good luvah! [ghost_cool]

as for julia, well, i always felt barnabas was her beard.   she would have gotten on good with Elizabeth.  they had a bond.   

(and i think she liked maggie too!)

David

[ghost_grin]

Julia & Mrs. Johnson all the way!

David

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
portia fitzsimmons [ghost_tongue]
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.