Author Topic: OT<Congrats to LAFB!!!  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT<Congrats to LAFB!!!
« on: July 04, 2004, 03:12:46 AM »
Let's give a BIG CHEER
to our (((LAFB))).

Hooray!!! She finished her first year of college (which in & of itself is no small fete;), but, she made the Dean's list and and the National Honor Society!!!!

GO GIRLFRIEND!!!![/color][/size]

You make us all proud and reflect wonderfully on your (((Mama))).

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OT<Congrats to LAFB!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 03:21:48 AM »
Bravo, LAFB!  ;D May the rest of your time in college be just as successful!

ProfStokes

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 03:32:48 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS, LAFB!!!

Keep up the good work!  (Have a fun summer in-between)!!
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 09:20:30 AM »
Congratulations LAFB!!

Wow, both you and your Mom must really proud!

Have a great summer! :)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 02:50:04 PM »
Congrat's on a job well done!

You take after your dad, eh?

(a ;) and a ;D and a poke to Connie's ribs.  :-* )

ducking dom

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 05:32:26 AM »
Oh dom, if you only knew... ::)

Anyway...

Thanks for the nice messages, everybody!  :)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »
You make us all proud and reflect wonderfully on your (((Mama))).

Aw....that's nice.   :-*

Uh............HEY!   :P :P :P :P

dom dearest,

First you leave me standing at the altar back in April, and NOW you're calling me stupid.  I don't know that my already shaky self-esteem can take much more.   ;)   :-*

ANYWAY.....the hell with Miss LAFB.  I have an announcement to make.  Dum da da dah!  I have made an unprecedented leap into the 20th century and bought a microwave oven yesterday.  (Up until yesterday I didn't own much of anything that didn't exist at Collinwood).  (All I need now is a cell phone and I'll be in the 21st century)  NOW the only problem is, I'm afraid of it.  I thought you just punch in the number of minutes and press start, but THIS thing has a million different settings, 10 power levels, and "inverter auto cooking" buttons and I'm totally lost.  (Yes, I've read the manual)

Any hints, info, or microwave cooking tips would be greatly appreciated!   ???
Also, can you put a casserole dish in there?  You know...like Corningware?  I know you can't put the glass lid, but can you put the dish?

love
CLC   ;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 02:48:01 PM »

Uh............HEY!   :P :P :P :P

dom dearest,

First you leave me standing at the altar back in April, and NOW you're calling me stupid.  I don't know that my already shaky self-esteem can take much more.   ;)   :-*

I was waiting for that. ;) I'll make it up to you. Maybe lunch? I'm out your way til the first week of October. Have your people, call my people... 8) I owe Patti a lunch date too, maybe we can make it a threesome?

ANYWAY.....I have made an unprecedented leap into the 20th century and bought a microwave oven yesterday.  (Up until yesterday I didn't own much of anything that didn't exist at Collinwood).

LOL!

(All I need now is a cell phone and I'll be in the 21st century)  NOW the only problem is, I'm afraid of it.  I thought you just punch in the number of minutes and press start, but THIS thing has a million different settings, 10 power levels, and "inverter auto cooking" buttons and I'm totally lost.  (Yes, I've read the manual)

How funny would it have been to watch a scene with Mrs. Johnson trying to figure out how to use a microwave (or a cell phone for that matter, lol).

Any hints, info, or microwave cooking tips would be greatly appreciated!   ???
Also, can you put a casserole dish in there?  You know...like Corningware?  I know you can't put the glass lid, but can you put the dish?

See what happens when you buy from MACY*S? Next time, shop at WALMART. ;)

Reminds me of my last microwave/convection oven purchase. The darn thing is all metal on the inside (including the carousel!). After at least 10 years of heeding the microwave mantra warning, "never put metal in the microwave", it completely boggled my mind!

I didn't know you can't use glass lids in the microwave. I do it all the time without any problems. Maybe you have a next generation-microwave? (Gosh, how I miss that smart-ass emoticon!). Just buy a ton of microwave popcorn and play with it until you figure it out, Sarah, uh, I mean Connie! <snort>

Or maybe, after lunch, Patti and I can come over to your place and help you figure it out. ;D

PS - I hope you two like popcorn --  :D

PPS - I use corningware in the microwave all the time - never have a problem. And it will be worth your while to learn how to use the power levels. They make all the difference between more edible and less edible microwaved food - when you absolutely HAVE to use the microwave to cook real (home made) food.

Good luck!  :-*

Write me privately if you think you might like to get together while I am out this way. Could be fun!

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 06:30:08 PM »
CONGRATS LAFB!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
              Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 08:53:16 AM »

I use corningware in the microwave all the time, but whatever you do, don't put aluminum foil in there!!  I found that out the hard way! (at least you read the manual Connie)  ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 07:42:03 AM »
Have your people, call my people... 8)

Wouldn't it be nice to be rich enough to have 'people'??

I owe Patti a lunch date too, maybe we can make it a threesome?

Well, if she doesn't mind sharing you.  Or, if you don't mind sharing her.  Wait, I'm getting confused.

See what happens when you buy from MACY*S? Next time, shop at WALMART. ;)

Walmart??  Hell.  I got it at Best Buy for $80.

I didn't know you can't use glass lids in the microwave. I do it all the time without any problems.

Well, I guess it's okay then.  See?  This manual sucks.  It says you can't put glass in there.  If you can't use glass, how come that turntable thing in there is made of glass??  Now answer that!  (scratching my head)

And it will be worth your while to learn how to use the power levels. They make all the difference between more edible and less edible microwaved food - when you absolutely HAVE to use the microwave to cook real (home made) food.

Yes - that's the thing.  One of the reasons I wanted this was so as to avoid using the regular oven as much as possible during these summer months.  It's just too HOT in here.  What sort of foods come out GOOD in the microwave?  So far, I'm not too impressed with it.

Cassandra:

I read that it is all right to use aluminum foil in there as long as it doesn't touch the sides.  Is this false?

:)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 08:13:26 AM »
Please take the microwave cooking discussion to private mail or an appropriate forum.  Thanks!