Author Topic: Qui ƒªtes-vous, Miss Maxwell-ooolala (part 1)  (Read 797 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Qui Ļtes-vous, Miss Maxwell-ooolala (part 1)
« on: January 29, 2005, 12:54:42 PM »
Friends, countryfolk, fellow Graysonphiles...lend me your ears--

I feel like such a whore...such a dirty little whore. Or as someone I know likes to say, whooo-orrrr.  lol   ;D

Sigh...I spent the last of my money on a second-rate digital version of the divine one's 1966 film, "Qui ƒªtes-vous, Polly Magoo?", and I didn't even realize what I'd done until it came in the mail - UGH!   >:(

I need a brownie. Extra baking cocoa and chocolate morsels, please.  [Muffin_Love]

*However*, despite the less-than-pristine format, I was very, very pleased to finally SEE this...unusual flick (whew). And, a kind of blessing in disguise - to ease the sting a bit, the DVD had two versions of the film - the original version, all en franƒ§ais, and one with English subtitles (thank goddess for that...to say my French speaking abilities are a tad lacking is an understatement!  I would't have known what the HELL was going on otherwise! LOL)

Anyhoo, I *still* ended up taking a million captures or so...even though Grayson's not in this movie nearly as much as in the beloved SIHH (yummy-yum-yums...S.W.A.K.). ;)

I must say, whatever one thinks of the movie, *Grayson's scenes* were quite fun in this very arty french satire:

tbc...
[/b]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Qui Ļtes-vous, Miss Maxwell-ooolala (part 1)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 05:43:52 AM »
and one with English subtitles (thank goddess for that.

(yummy-yum-yums...S.W.A.K.). ;)

I won't mention any names, but someone might want to think about adding a few subtitles of her own.  ;)  Her frequent inside references and abbreviations are killing those of us who have absoluterly no idea what she's talking about. And I know that's not her intent because I'm sure she actually wants everyone to be able to understand what she's trying to say.  [wink2]

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 05:57:06 AM »
and one with English subtitles (thank goddess for that.

(yummy-yum-yums...S.W.A.K.). ;)

I won't mention any names, but someone might want to think about adding a few subtitles of her own.  ;)  Her frequent inside references and abbreviations are killing those of us who have absoluterly no idea what she's talking about. And I know that's not her intent because I'm sure she actually wants everyone to be able to understand what she's trying to say.  [wink2]

Well, it's obvious whom you're addressing.  :-[  I just meant that I love SIHH to death...she rocks in that. But I think I may have taken more captures of Polly Maggoo than SIHH, oddly enough.

Besides that, how was I confusing you dear?? If there's some kind of a major problem that I'm not aware of, *someone* PM me....

:'(  ???  :'(

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 06:35:01 AM »
No biggie. it's just that sometimes your posts contain references to what I'm assuming is fanfic and list posts that aren't available here on the forum. So, the people who don't subscribe to the lists and haven't read that fanfic can't always appreciate your posts as much as we'd like to. But providing a bit more of the references' original context could help that.  :)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 07:29:40 PM »
Grayson Hall was such a beautiful woman, too back they made her look so plain and "old" on DS!  I have on photo of her where she is smiling and I just think she's gorgeous!!!  Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/