Author Topic: Maggie and Joe  (Read 1758 times)

Offline veryvenn

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Maggie and Joe
« on: July 02, 2004, 05:14:40 PM »
I always liked Maggie and Joe as a couple. When the show went off, Sebastian was taking her to Julia's hospital where the last we heard Joe was also a patient. Does anyone know of any fanfic where the two were happily reunited? If so where it can be accessed or ordered.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie and Joe
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 10:29:24 PM »
i liked maggie and joe alot too.they had a sweet chemistry together.i never thought about the two of them reuniting at wyndcliff.but on the off-topic-subject of wyndcliff...julia runs the hospital,but after she moves into collinwood(forever)who's minding the shop?also,does anyone ever receive benificial treatement there?does anyone ever get better?or is it simply a depository for characters leaving the show whom the writers don't want to "kill-off" permanantly. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 05:30:54 AM »
i liked maggie and joe alot too.they had a sweet chemistry together.i never thought about the two of them reuniting at wyndcliff.but on the off-topic-subject of wyndcliff...julia runs the hospital,but after she moves into collinwood(forever)who's minding the shop?also,does anyone ever receive benificial treatement there?does anyone ever get better?or is it simply a depository for characters leaving the show whom the writers don't want to "kill-off" permanantly. :P

I recall Willie Loomis resting his tired brain in Wyndcliff, and of course little Amy Jennings... I  like to hope that Maggie and Joe did meet and perhaps together they helped each other to recover.

The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 12:10:26 PM »
I always liked Maggie and Joe as a couple. When the show went off, Sebastian was taking her to Julia's hospital where the last we heard Joe was also a patient. Does anyone know of any fanfic where the two were happily reunited? If so where it can be accessed or ordered.

Yes there has been fanfic about Maggie and Joe. I've seen DS fanfic posted on eBay and the bidding can get pretty high for it.  I'm going to the DS fest and would be happy to find out information for you.  At the fest is a dealer's room where they sell just about everything related to DS.  That's where I usually pick up a bunch of fanfic for reading during the long winter months.  I'm mostly into Barnabas, Julia and Willie writings. You would be amazed at how much there is available. 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 02:40:04 PM »
Good Morning, veryvenn.  Are you familiar with the series epilogue that was published in TV Guide several months after the show went off the air?

http://www.collinwood.net/features/misc/epilogue.htm
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 04:31:06 PM »
while willie was at wyndcliff who was treating him?julia was running around doing her own thing.what prevented willie from remembering everything about barnabas and julia and spilling the beans on the whole thing?they were oddly blase' about willie the whole time he was there.also,does anyone know why john karlen was the only present-day actor not included in 1795?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 05:48:32 PM »
......also,does anyone know why john karlen was the only present-day actor not included in 1795?

He was concentrating on working in the theatre in the New York area at that time.  Not having a contract with Dan Curtis gave him the flexibility to come and go in that regard......
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 08:21:34 PM »
while willie was at wyndcliff who was treating him?julia was running around doing her own thing.what prevented willie from remembering everything about barnabas and julia and spilling the beans on the whole thing?

Good questions, mscbryk...keep those gears turning.  :) Could be some interesting fodder for future fanfic...ya never know. ;) I'm slowly going through my DS tapes...Oh, how I wish I had more time to relax {weak chuckle}.  :( Anyway, as I recall, they did kinda skim over his treatment [spoiler](after he recovered from the gunshot wounds, his sanity was waining)[/spoiler]-- but they didn't explain anything in detail (well, the only thing I can remember is Julia mentioning that she'd make weekly trips to the hospital, check up on her patients. I would assume that she may have been hypnotizing him behind the scenes, but it's up for debate I suppose. At one point Barnabas arranged to have a visit with Willie at Wyndcliffe...[spoiler]he convinced Julia to release the young man early to help with the Adam experiments, although Willie was still a tad anxious to say the least). Other people sent to Wyndcliffe at various times include Barnabas himself (after Angie bit him), Amy (after Tom was killed, but of course she escaped and ended up living at Collinwood where she was reunited with Chris), Chris (because of his lycanthropy--ya know what i mean), Joe of course, Elizabeth (hmmm... she escaped eventually too -  LOL), David, Hallie Stokes, Maggie....etc.[/spoiler]

Julia was really raking in the bucks after she became Collinwood's favorite live-in doctor, wasn't she (or at least she should have, considering all the stress she was put under--no wonder she kept mega-doses of sedatives on hand. LOL) ? You go girl...  ;D

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline bluedog

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 02:09:53 PM »
:'( Alas, I won't be going to the fest.  But I would love to know what fanfic is available there.  I thought I had bought everything available;D
Lynn

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »
I would have loved to have seen Maggie and Joe reunite on the show.[spoiler]According to Beyond the Shadows on disc 2 of Collection 26, that's exactly what happen. But only after they had left Windcliff and she divorced Sebastian Shaw. I can't really buy her marrying Shaw, they only went out a couple of times before Roxanne started attacking her.[/spoiler]